- Disinfecting lenses improperly (such as using tap water or homemade solutions to clean the lenses).
- Swimming, using a hot tub, or showering while wearing lenses.
- Coming into contact with contaminated water.
- Having a history of trauma to the cornea.
- Blurred vision.
- Eye pain.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Sensation of something in the eye.
- Excessive tearing.
- Patients should consult with their eye doctor if they have any of the above symptoms.
- Acanthamoeba infection will eventually cause severe pain and possible vision loss or blindness if untreated.
- CT scanning of the brain.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral).
- Itraconazole (Sporanox).
- Pentamidine (NebuPent).
- Flucytosine (Ancobon).
A large-scale scientific review, presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Berlin, suggests that three to four cups of coffee a day may decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25 percent. For the study, the researchers...
A new study, recently published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, suggests that exposure to blue light may help reduce high blood pressure. For the study, a team of researchers assessed whether blue light exposure could produce enough nitric oxide to...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more