- Disinfecting lenses improperly (such as using tap water or homemade solutions to clean the lenses).
- Swimming, using a hot tub, or showering while wearing lenses.
- Coming into contact with contaminated water.
- Having a history of trauma to the cornea.
- Blurred vision.
- Eye pain.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Sensation of something in the eye.
- Excessive tearing.
- Patients should consult with their eye doctor if they have any of the above symptoms.
- Acanthamoeba infection will eventually cause severe pain and possible vision loss or blindness if untreated.
- CT scanning of the brain.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral).
- Itraconazole (Sporanox).
- Pentamidine (NebuPent).
- Flucytosine (Ancobon).
A new study from the University of Iowa suggests that skipping breakfasts can increase the risk of heart disease by 87%. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed data from 6,550 people aged 40 and more with heart disease which were collected for 18 years. Most of...
A new study from Exercise Medicine Clinic — CLINIMEX, Brazil, suggests that increased muscle power may help people live longer. The study included 3,878 participants aged from 41 to 85 years, none of whom was an athlete. Maximal muscle power of each participant was...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more