- The disease can also arise from endocrine disorders resulting from obesity. Many obese people suffer from diabetes and endocrine disorders which can trigger it.
- Addison disease, a condition caused by a deficiency of hormones from the adrenal gland.
- Disorders of the pituitary gland within the brain.
- Low levels of thyroid hormone caused by decreased activity of the thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- Some drugs, particularly hormones such as human growth hormone or oral contraceptives can also cause it.
- People with cancers of the gastrointestinal or genitourinary tracts or with lymphoma can also develop severe cases of acanthosis nigricans.
- Rarely acanthosis nigricans is associated with a tumor, most commonly of the stomach or gut. Occasionally acanthosis nigricans is congenital or due to an endocrine (glandular) disorder.
- The skin is darker and thicker in certain areas. These areas may be light-brown to black in color.
- Acanthosis nigricans generally appears slowly, sometimes over months or years causing no symptoms except skin changes.
- Skin turns dark,velvety with very visible markings and creases appears in the armpits, groin and neck which is painless. Sometimes, the lips, palms,soles of feet, or other areas may be affected. These areas may be light-brown to black in color.
- Diet modification is also among the most effective Acanthosis Nigricans treatments. Obese and diabetic patients should incorporate low-calorie foods into their diet. The individual should also cut down on his or her carbohydrate intake. A low-calorie and low-sugar diet is seen as an effective cure for Acanthosis Nigricans. Dietary modifications can help both it children and adults recover within a month.
- If the patient is obese then lose weight can be the appropriate way of treating it.
- Treatment to just improve the appearance includes Retin-A, 20% urea, alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs), and lactic or salicylic acid prescriptions.
- The disorder can be treated by correcting hyperinsulinemia through diet and medication.
Recent research, performed by scientists from the University of Cambridge, UK, finds that unborn babies at just 2 weeks old possess genes which could put them at risk of contracting COVID-19 from their mothers. The researchers created a new way to look at genes in the...
A new study from Norway finds that people who sleep at least 2 hours less than usually became more impulsive and prone to making mistakes throughout the following day, as well as experience suppression of positive feelings. For the study, a team of researchers tracked...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...