- Primary cause of Acne conglobata is not found yet.
- Reactivity to Propionibacterium (A genus of nonmotile, non-spore-forming, anaerobic to aerotolerant bacteria (family Propionibacteriaceae) containing Gram-positive rods that are usually pleomorphic, diphtheroid, or club shaped, with one end rounded, the other tapered or pointed. Some cells may be coccoid, elongate, bifid, or even branched. The cells usually occur singly, in pairs, in V and Y configurations, short chains, or clumps in “Chinese character” arrangement. The metabolism of these organisms is fermentative, and the products of fermentation include combinations of propionic and acetic acids. These organisms occur in dairy products, on human skin, and in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals. They may be pathogenic. The type species is Propionibacterium freudenreichii) can change which is cause to acne conglobata.
- Androgens and anabolic steroids also cause to this disease.
- It may also occur after testosterone therapy stopped.
- Thyroid medications and dioxins may trigger this disease.
- Total and free testosterone for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or ovarian cancer. The androgen producing arrhenoblastoma is rare.
- 17-hydroxyprogesterone for congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Ratio of LH/FSH for PCOS.
- Prolactin in case of pituitary adenoma.
- 24-hour urinary free cortisol for Cushing's syndrome.
- If isotretinoin is considered, baseline blood tests such as LFTs and fasting lipids are required.
- Oral steroids are also useful for this disease.
- The combined use of antibiotics and steroids give the best results.
- Isotretinoin is used for treatment which should be used early to prevent scarring.
- For woman hormonal therapy is the best way to treat.
- Physical therapy is also being use to treat acne conglobata.
- Cryotherapy is also valuable for this disease.
- Some time surgical excision of interconnecting large nodules is beneficial.
- Ongoing treatment sessions with light and laser therapy have proven effective in clinical trials to reduce the size of nodules and lessen the appearance of scars. Some individuals choose to undergo surgery to remove large cysts and graft healthy skin on damaged areas. With immediate treatment, many people are able to find significant relief from their symptoms and improvements in their physical appearance.
A new study, conducted by researchers from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, suggests that a healthy diet may protect the gut microbiome from being destroyed by antibiotics. For the purpose of the study the team treated three groups of mice with different...
According to a recent Japanese study, which is the first of its kind, eating mushrooms is associated with a lower risk of developing prostate cancer. For the study, a team of scientists analyzed data of 36,499 Japanese men aged from 40 to 79 years taken from the...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...