- Primary cause of Acne conglobata is not found yet.
- Reactivity to Propionibacterium (A genus of nonmotile, non-spore-forming, anaerobic to aerotolerant bacteria (family Propionibacteriaceae) containing Gram-positive rods that are usually pleomorphic, diphtheroid, or club shaped, with one end rounded, the other tapered or pointed. Some cells may be coccoid, elongate, bifid, or even branched. The cells usually occur singly, in pairs, in V and Y configurations, short chains, or clumps in “Chinese character” arrangement. The metabolism of these organisms is fermentative, and the products of fermentation include combinations of propionic and acetic acids. These organisms occur in dairy products, on human skin, and in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals. They may be pathogenic. The type species is Propionibacterium freudenreichii) can change which is cause to acne conglobata.
- Androgens and anabolic steroids also cause to this disease.
- It may also occur after testosterone therapy stopped.
- Thyroid medications and dioxins may trigger this disease.
- Total and free testosterone for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or ovarian cancer. The androgen producing arrhenoblastoma is rare.
- 17-hydroxyprogesterone for congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Ratio of LH/FSH for PCOS.
- Prolactin in case of pituitary adenoma.
- 24-hour urinary free cortisol for Cushing's syndrome.
- If isotretinoin is considered, baseline blood tests such as LFTs and fasting lipids are required.
- Oral steroids are also useful for this disease.
- The combined use of antibiotics and steroids give the best results.
- Isotretinoin is used for treatment which should be used early to prevent scarring.
- For woman hormonal therapy is the best way to treat.
- Physical therapy is also being use to treat acne conglobata.
- Cryotherapy is also valuable for this disease.
- Some time surgical excision of interconnecting large nodules is beneficial.
- Ongoing treatment sessions with light and laser therapy have proven effective in clinical trials to reduce the size of nodules and lessen the appearance of scars. Some individuals choose to undergo surgery to remove large cysts and graft healthy skin on damaged areas. With immediate treatment, many people are able to find significant relief from their symptoms and improvements in their physical appearance.
A new study, performed by an international team of researchers from the University of California, Irvine, USA, and the University of Tsukuba, Japan, suggests that only 10 minutes of light physical activity may boost your memory. To check their hypothesis, the...
Recent research, performed by Sara Seidelman, a cardiologist and nutrition researcher from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, USA, finds that diets which ban entire food groups from the eating plan, for example, ketogenic diet, may actually harm your health. The...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more