Acute myloid leukemia
- Long term exposure to high levels of benzene.
- Although AML is not inherited, genetic factors may play a role in its development. Some congenital disorders such as Down's syndrome, Bloom's syndrome and Fanconi's anaemia may increase the chance of getting AML.
- Treatment with certain chemotherapy drugs.
- High-dose radiation exposure.
- Having a history of a blood disorder such as myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Having had treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Chronic fatigue.
- Shortness of breath.
- Weight loss.
- Lack of appetite.
- Bone or joint pain.
- Swelling in the abdomen.
- Lumps or rashes on the skin.
- Swollen and bleeding gums.
- Liver function tests.
- Coagulation tests.
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
A team of scientists from the University of Pennsylvania claims that they managed to patch up permanent teeth in children with the help of stem cells taken from baby teeth. The team performed the clinical trial that involved 30 children treated with the new method and...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more