- Heart diseases that affect the AV node. The AV node plays an important role in maintaining proper communication between the upper and lower chambers of the heart.
- Certain neuromuscular conditions (e.g., muscular dystrophy).
- Surgical trauma such as the repair of a heart defect or replacement of valves.
- Chronic or paroxysmal atrioventricular (AV) block in 50 to 60% of patients.
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia or atrial fibrillation in up to 5%.
- Sinoatrial (SA) block in 30 to 40%.
- Loss of consciousness is usually between about 10 and 30 seconds.
- Some seizure-like activity sometimes occurs if the attack is prolonged.
- If anyone manages to check the pulse during an episode, it will be slow, usually less than 40 beats per minute.
- Recovery is fairly rapid although the patient may be confused for a while after.
- Typically complete (third degree) heart block is seen on the ECG during an attack but other ECG abnormalities such as tachy-brady syndrome have been reported..
- Attacks can happen a number of times in one day.
- They are not posture related.
A new study from the University of Guelph, Canada, suggests that a fat molecule that can be found only in avocados may reduce insulin resistance and thus reduce the type 2 diabetes. For the study, the researchers tested this avocado in mice. To do this, they fed mice...
Recent research from the University of Bristol, UK, finds that people who smoke regularly may have a doubled risk of developing mental health conditions, such as depression or schizophrenia. The results were published in the journal Psychological Medicine. The...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...