- Poor memory.
- Hearing loss.
- Difficulty swallowing and speaking.
- Difficulty with walking and coordination.
- Increased pigmentation (“bronzing”) of the skin, due to adrenal hormone deficiency (Addison's disease).
- Progressive dementia.
- Vegetative state or death.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). An MRI uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create detailed images of your brain. An MRI allows doctors to detect abnormalities in your brain that could indicate adrenoleukodystrophy, including damage to the nerve tissue (white matter) of your brain. Doctors may use several types of MRI to view the most detailed images of your brain and detect early signs of leukodystrophy.
- Vision screening. Your doctor may order vision screening and other tests for children who aren't experiencing other symptoms.
- Skin biopsy and fibroblast cell culture. A small sample of skin (skin biopsy) may be taken to check for increased levels of VLCFA in some cases.
A new study from York University in Toronto, Canada, suggests that consuming fluoridated water during pregnancy can be connected with the lower IQ in children born to women who were exposed to this kind of water. For the study, the data from 601 pairs of mothers and...
A new study, performed by the researchers from the universities of Newcastle, Warwick, and Sheffield, finds that people living in a city within 984 ft, or 300 m, of green areas, park or playground, are happier. For the study, the researchers examined the quality of...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more