- Secondary - caused by another disease, including some types of cancer.
- Hereditary amyloidosis is rare. It is a specific type of amyloidosis that can be passed down from generation to generation in a family. It may cause peripheral sensory and motor neuropathy problems (issues relating to the central nervous system), carpal tunnel syndrome, and eye abnormalities. The most common subtypes involve the transthyretin (TTR) protein.
- Weight loss.
- Fluid retention (edema).
- Shortness of breath.
- Numbness or a tingling feeling in the hands and feet.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (compression of the nerve in your wrist).
- Blood spots on the skin.
- An enlarged tongue - sometimes with blood spots, plaques and blisters.
- Bone marrow biopsy - a small tag of bone marrow is removed and examined for abnormalities.
- Tissue biopsy - a small tag of abdominal fat or rectal tissue is removed with a slender needle and examined in a laboratory.
- Treatment for any underlying disorder such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Drugs to slow amyloid activity.
- A special diet tailored to your needs - for example, a person with affected kidneys will benefit from a low-salt diet.
- Dialysis, if the kidneys are affected.
- Drugs to stabilize the heartbeat, if the heart is affected.
- Transplants of affected organs may be considered.
- Current trials include the use of particular chemotherapy medications and bone marrow transplants.
Here is the list of nine user-friendly gym machines for women that are intimidated by barbells, bumper plates, and squat racks by Robin Cortez, director of team training for Chuze Fitness, which has clubs in California, Colorado and Arizona: Smith machine — used for...
A new study from Imperial College London suggests that higher levels of iron may cut the risk of clogged arteries. On the other hand, they are linked to a higher risk of blood clots. Within the scope of the study, the scientists used genetic data from 500,000 people...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more