- High altitude.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis).
- Heart failure.
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack).
- Respiratory failure.
- Severe asthma and allergies.
- Complications of anesthetics.
- Drug overdose.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension).
- Trauma to a tissue or organ.
- Confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment.
- Poor decision-making.
- Rapid breathing (tachypnea) or shortness of breath.
- CT scan of the head.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), a measurement of the heart's electrical activity.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG), a test of brain waves that can identify seizures and show how well brain cells work.
- Evoked potentials, a test that determines whether certain sensations such as vision and touch reach the brain.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the head.
- Administration of medications to reduce seizure activity.
- Administration of medications to regulate heart function.
- Application of life support systems.
New research, conducted by the scientists from King’s College London, UK, and China Medical University in Taichung, Taiwan, suggests that taking omega-3 supplements may help improve attention in some children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The...
A new study from the University at Buffalo, US, finds that insufficient sleep, less than 5 hours per night, can be harmful to bone health of postmenopausal women. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed health data from 11,084 postmenopausal women who...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...