- Symptoms usually begin with pain or burning, followed in 1 to 2 days by an ulcer. There is never a blister. Pain is severe.
- Ulcers appear as shallow, round or oval spots with a yellow-gray center and a red border. They are usually than inch (1 centimeters) in diameter.
- The ulcers almost always form on soft, loose tissue such as that on the inside of the lip or cheek, on the tongue, the floor of the mouth, the soft palate, or in the throat.
- Larger ulcers are less common; these are irregularly shaped, can take many weeks to heal, and frequently leave scars.
- People with a severe outbreak may also have a fever, swollen lymph nodes in the neck, and a generally run-down feeling.
- Soothe the sores. Apply boroglycerine using cotton buds. It will provide good relief. You may also use ghee or butter oil.
- Use ice. Ice will soothe the sores.
- Use special lozenges. Your dentist or physician may recommend hydrocortisone lozenges to speed up the healing process.
- Mouth rinses. Add half-a-teaspoon of table salt to a cup of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth. Repeat every few hours. This may sting a bit. Bland mouth rinses also help to keep the ulcers clean.
- Take vitamin pills. Use a multivitamin pill, one a day, to tide over the sores. The basis being vitamins could nullify the ill-effects of stress.
- Avoid abrasive, acidic or spicy foods.
- For a severe attack, your doctor may also recommend a prescription mouthwash, a corticosteroid salve or an anaesthetic solution.
New research, conducted by the scientists from King’s College London, UK, and China Medical University in Taichung, Taiwan, suggests that taking omega-3 supplements may help improve attention in some children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The...
A new study from the University at Buffalo, US, finds that insufficient sleep, less than 5 hours per night, can be harmful to bone health of postmenopausal women. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed health data from 11,084 postmenopausal women who...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...