- Symptoms usually begin with pain or burning, followed in 1 to 2 days by an ulcer. There is never a blister. Pain is severe.
- Ulcers appear as shallow, round or oval spots with a yellow-gray center and a red border. They are usually than inch (1 centimeters) in diameter.
- The ulcers almost always form on soft, loose tissue such as that on the inside of the lip or cheek, on the tongue, the floor of the mouth, the soft palate, or in the throat.
- Larger ulcers are less common; these are irregularly shaped, can take many weeks to heal, and frequently leave scars.
- People with a severe outbreak may also have a fever, swollen lymph nodes in the neck, and a generally run-down feeling.
- Soothe the sores. Apply boroglycerine using cotton buds. It will provide good relief. You may also use ghee or butter oil.
- Use ice. Ice will soothe the sores.
- Use special lozenges. Your dentist or physician may recommend hydrocortisone lozenges to speed up the healing process.
- Mouth rinses. Add half-a-teaspoon of table salt to a cup of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth. Repeat every few hours. This may sting a bit. Bland mouth rinses also help to keep the ulcers clean.
- Take vitamin pills. Use a multivitamin pill, one a day, to tide over the sores. The basis being vitamins could nullify the ill-effects of stress.
- Avoid abrasive, acidic or spicy foods.
- For a severe attack, your doctor may also recommend a prescription mouthwash, a corticosteroid salve or an anaesthetic solution.
A new Finnish study, published in the journal Frontiers in Microbiology, finds that endurance exercises may change the composition of gut microbiota. The researchers developed a 6-week program of bicycle training and enrolled 17 overweight women for this program. All...
In summer and spring it is easy to get up early and run a couple of laps, do a few push-ups and, with a sense of accomplishment, go to work. But in autumn, when there are dark clouds in sky, a cold wind is blowing and it is boring rain, you probably not feel like...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more