- High blood cholesterol level.
- High blood pressure.
- Advanced age.
- Gender - Males are more susceptible to developing arteriosclerosis than Females.
- Pain when walking.
- Pain when at rest (during sleep).
- Skin appearing shiny and cool to touch.
- Pale color to leg or feet when elevate.
- Red or bluish color when feet are dangling.
- Wounds that will not heal.
- Toes that turn black.
- Decreased blood pressure in a limb.
- A bulge in the abdomen or behind the knee.
- CT scan.
- PTCA (percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty).
- Atherectomy directional, rotational, and laser.
- Arteriosclerosis may be decreased with proper nutrition. Reducing cholesterol and saturated fats will help to lower your risks. People who suffer from arterial sclerosis should increase their intake of calcium and magnesium.
- They should also reduce stress levels through relaxation techniques, eat a healthy, well balanced diet, quit smoking in a natural manner.
- High blood pressure creates additional work for the heart and in turn increases the stresses placed on the arteries.
- Diabetics are more prone to arteriosclerosis. It is recommended that you follow your physician's instructions for glycemic control, diet, and exercise.
New research, conducted by the scientists from King’s College London, UK, and China Medical University in Taichung, Taiwan, suggests that taking omega-3 supplements may help improve attention in some children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The...
A new study from the University at Buffalo, US, finds that insufficient sleep, less than 5 hours per night, can be harmful to bone health of postmenopausal women. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed health data from 11,084 postmenopausal women who...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...