- Diseases such as pneumonia, where mucous becomes thick.
- Myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disorder leading to episodes of muscle weakness.
- Hypoventilation, a condition that occurs when there is a decrease in the usual amount of air that enters the lungs when a person breathes in. This can be caused by shallow breathing, which is often the result of chest pain. Decreased airflow to the lungs also can be a side effect of anesthesia after surgery.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Congenital lung disease, such as cystic fibrosis.
- Neuromuscular disease.
- Shortness of breath.
- Rapid breathing.
- Shortness of breath.
- The side effects of treatment are much less distressing than the atelectasis. Each medicine will have side effects. Suctioning can be hard to tolerate, but usually relieves the blockage quite well.
- Chest physical therapy may be done to help remove mucous from the lungs. It involves clapping, patting, and massaging the chest and back over the lungs. The lungs may be suctioned with a small plastic tube.
- Bronchoscopy may be done to remove foreign objects or a mucous plug. This involves using an instrument with a lighted tip to see inside the lungs. Controlling the pain in people who have undergone surgery is very important. This enables them to do deep breathing exercises, forcing air into their lungs. These exercises open the alveoli and reduce atelectasis.
A new study of Chinese adults finds a link between air pollution and a higher risk of developing atherosclerosis, or coronary artery calcification, as well as death from heart disease. To investigate the influence of air pollution, a team of researchers analyzed data...
According to recent research from the Translational Genomics Research Institute, US, having a close relative with Alzheimer’s disease may affect cognition and learning. During the study, the total amount of 59,571 participants completed online questionnaires including...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more