- Autoimmune diseases: The immune system constantly attacks a certain part of the body.
- Chronic infections: These cause the immune system to generate new lymphocytes at a high rate, thereby increasing the risk of cancerous mutation.
- Unintentional or unexplained weight loss.
- Night sweats.
- Fatigue or tiredness.
- High fever.
- Pain or bloating in the abdomen.
- Chest pain or a persistent cough.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Tissue Biopsy: A sample of bone marrow (the spongy materialinside your bones) is taken from your hip using athin needle.
- Blood Tests: Blood is taken from your arm through a thinneedle. Doctors then look at your red blood cells,white blood cells, and blood platelets under amicroscope.
- Spinal Tap (lumbar puncture): Fluid is taken from your spine (lower part of yourback) using a thin needle.This is done only incertain situations.
- CT Scan: A large machine (like an x-ray) takes pictures ofyour body from many angles.This shows doctorswhere the lymphoma tumors are in your body.
- MRI: This test uses magnets and radio waves to showwhether lymphoma has spread to your nervoussystem or other body organs.
- MUGA Scan: This type of scan shows how well your heartmuscle is working.
- PET Scan: This type of scan shows doctors if certain lymphnodes still have the disease.
- X-Rays: This test uses radiation to take pictures of theinside of your body.
- Radiation therapy.
- Stem cell transplantation.
- Watchful waiting.
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more