- Soreness and irritation of glans.
- Under the foreskin there may be a lumpy, thick discharge.
- Itchiness around the glans area.
- An unpleasant smell.
- Phimosis - the foreskin is tight and does not retract.
- Painful urination.
- The soreness, irritation and discharge under the foreskin typically occur two to three days after sexual intercourse.
- Urinalysis for glucose - appropriate in most cases but especially if Candidalinfection is suspected.
- Culture for Herpes simplex - if ulceration present.
- Dark ground examination for spirochetes and Syphilis serology - if an ulceris present.· Culture for Trichomonas vaginalis - particularly if a female partner has anundiagnosed vaginal discharge.
- Screening for other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) - particularlyscreening for Chlamydia trachomatis infection/Non specific urethritis if acircinate-type balanitis is present.
- Biopsy - if the diagnosis is uncertain and the condition persists.
- An anti-yeast cream or a course of anti-yeast tablets are a common treatment if the balanitis is caused by Candida.
- A mild steroid cream to reduce inflammation is useful for balanitis caused by allergies or irritants. Sometimes a steroid cream is used in addition to anti-yeast or antibiotic medication to reduce inflammation caused by infection.
- If you have recurring balanitis and have a phimosis, then your doctor will refer you for surgical options.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more