- Soreness and irritation of glans.
- Under the foreskin there may be a lumpy, thick discharge.
- Itchiness around the glans area.
- An unpleasant smell.
- Phimosis - the foreskin is tight and does not retract.
- Painful urination.
- The soreness, irritation and discharge under the foreskin typically occur two to three days after sexual intercourse.
- Urinalysis for glucose - appropriate in most cases but especially if Candidalinfection is suspected.
- Culture for Herpes simplex - if ulceration present.
- Dark ground examination for spirochetes and Syphilis serology - if an ulceris present.· Culture for Trichomonas vaginalis - particularly if a female partner has anundiagnosed vaginal discharge.
- Screening for other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) - particularlyscreening for Chlamydia trachomatis infection/Non specific urethritis if acircinate-type balanitis is present.
- Biopsy - if the diagnosis is uncertain and the condition persists.
- An anti-yeast cream or a course of anti-yeast tablets are a common treatment if the balanitis is caused by Candida.
- A mild steroid cream to reduce inflammation is useful for balanitis caused by allergies or irritants. Sometimes a steroid cream is used in addition to anti-yeast or antibiotic medication to reduce inflammation caused by infection.
- If you have recurring balanitis and have a phimosis, then your doctor will refer you for surgical options.
A new study, conducted by the scientists from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, finds that light and moderate physical activity, for example walking and swimming, may help reduce the stroke severity. The study included approximately data from 1,000 individuals...
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more