- Soreness and irritation of glans.
- Under the foreskin there may be a lumpy, thick discharge.
- Itchiness around the glans area.
- An unpleasant smell.
- Phimosis - the foreskin is tight and does not retract.
- Painful urination.
- The soreness, irritation and discharge under the foreskin typically occur two to three days after sexual intercourse.
- Urinalysis for glucose - appropriate in most cases but especially if Candidalinfection is suspected.
- Culture for Herpes simplex - if ulceration present.
- Dark ground examination for spirochetes and Syphilis serology - if an ulceris present.· Culture for Trichomonas vaginalis - particularly if a female partner has anundiagnosed vaginal discharge.
- Screening for other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) - particularlyscreening for Chlamydia trachomatis infection/Non specific urethritis if acircinate-type balanitis is present.
- Biopsy - if the diagnosis is uncertain and the condition persists.
- An anti-yeast cream or a course of anti-yeast tablets are a common treatment if the balanitis is caused by Candida.
- A mild steroid cream to reduce inflammation is useful for balanitis caused by allergies or irritants. Sometimes a steroid cream is used in addition to anti-yeast or antibiotic medication to reduce inflammation caused by infection.
- If you have recurring balanitis and have a phimosis, then your doctor will refer you for surgical options.
New research, executed by scientists from Iowa State University, finds that lifting weights for less than an hour once a week may lower the risk of heart attack or stroke by 40–70%. The researchers also add that performing weight exercises for more than an hour...
A large-scale scientific review, presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Berlin, suggests that three to four cups of coffee a day may decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25 percent. For the study, the researchers...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more