- Dorsal-type Barton's is a fracture-dislocation of the dorsal rim of the radius. Dislocation of the radiocarpal joint is the hallmark of Barton's fractures. These are shear type fractures of the distal articular surface of the radius with translation of the distal radial fragment and the carpus. These fractures have a great tendency for redislocation and malunion. They usually require operative treatment.
- Pain and difficulty when trying to move the wrist.
- The wrist may appear deformed.
- If stable, consider sugar-tong splint with wrist in neutral position.
- If unstable or inadequately reduced, open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF).
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more