- Dorsal-type Barton's is a fracture-dislocation of the dorsal rim of the radius. Dislocation of the radiocarpal joint is the hallmark of Barton's fractures. These are shear type fractures of the distal articular surface of the radius with translation of the distal radial fragment and the carpus. These fractures have a great tendency for redislocation and malunion. They usually require operative treatment.
- Pain and difficulty when trying to move the wrist.
- The wrist may appear deformed.
- If stable, consider sugar-tong splint with wrist in neutral position.
- If unstable or inadequately reduced, open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF).
A new study, published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, finds that after eating foods with a high content of saturated fats, within the next few hours, a person’s ability to concentrate can be lowered. For the study, the researchers recruited 51...
A large international study finds that a high intake of whole-fat dairy products is associated with a lower risk of hypertension (high blood pressure) and diabetes. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed data taken from 147,812 people who live in Asia, North...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...