- Dorsal-type Barton's is a fracture-dislocation of the dorsal rim of the radius. Dislocation of the radiocarpal joint is the hallmark of Barton's fractures. These are shear type fractures of the distal articular surface of the radius with translation of the distal radial fragment and the carpus. These fractures have a great tendency for redislocation and malunion. They usually require operative treatment.
- Pain and difficulty when trying to move the wrist.
- The wrist may appear deformed.
- If stable, consider sugar-tong splint with wrist in neutral position.
- If unstable or inadequately reduced, open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF).
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more