- Men are four times more likely to have the disorder compared to women.
- A child with a Bechterew parent has 10% more chance of developing the disorder.
- Certain bacterial infections in the human body (e.g. in the bowels or the urinary tract) could apparently cause the development of Bechterew in people who are sensitive to the disease.
- Restricted expansion of your chest.
- Chronic stooping.
- Eye inflammation.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Bowel inflammation.
- Drug therapy: This includes over-the-counter drugs that relieve pain (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and piroxicam). It can also include drugs that modify rheumatic diseases (such as sulfasalazine and methotrexate and corticosteroids like prednisone. Researchers are also looking at promising, new drugs, such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blockers etanercept and infliximab.
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
A team of scientists from the University of Pennsylvania claims that they managed to patch up permanent teeth in children with the help of stem cells taken from baby teeth. The team performed the clinical trial that involved 30 children treated with the new method and...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more