- Lowered resistance of patient due to measles, exanthematous fever, poor nutrition and immune-compromising systemic disease.
- High virulence of organism. The most common organism infecting children is pneumococci
- Pain: It is present in the upper part of the neck and the sternomastoid. Neck movements are restricted.
- Ear discharge: The discharge is purulent, profuse and foul smelling.
- Mastoid tenderness is elicited by pressure over the Macewen triangle or suprameatal triangle.
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- Mastoid tenderness elicited by pressure over the Macewan's triangle.
- Conductive type of hearing loss.
- There is usually no fluctuation felt.
- Generalized tender swelling below the pinna.
- This swelling often conceals the contours of the mastoid process.
- X-ray mastoid - Schüller view: It may show lysis and destruction of the mastoid air cells.
- HRCT temporal bone: This indicates the extent of the disease, status of the middle ear, ossicles, and the facial nerve. It also gives an idea of any impending complications.
- Mastoidectomy is required to eradicate the disease in chronic mastoiditis.
The latest research from the University at Buffalo in New York finds that drinking soda after exercise can cause dehydration and affect the kidney function. For the study, 12 healthy and physically fit adults whose average age was 24 years were recruited by the...
Recent research, published in the European Heart Journal, finds that physical activity can decrease the risk of a heart attack in healthy people by half. A team of researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Cardiac Exercise Research Group in...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more