- Posterior blepharitis, linked to dysfunction of meibomian glands within the eyelids that secrete oils to help lubricate the eye.
- A burning sensation in the eyes.
- A gritty/sandy sensation in the eyes.
- Crusty eyelashes.
- Eyelashes may grow abnormally (misdirected).
- Eyelids appear greasy.
- Eyelids may stick together when waking up after sleep.
- Flaky skin around the eyes.
- Loss of eyelashes.
- Photophobia - sensitivity to light.
- Red eyes.
- Watery eyes.
- Swabbing skin for testing. In certain cases, your doctor may use a swab to collect a sample of the oil or crust that forms on your eyelid. This sample can be analyzed for bacteria, fungi or evidence of an Allergy.
- Gently rub the compress over your closed eyelids for two to three minutes, then repeat. This will help loosen any crusting.
- Use a cloth or cotton bud with warm water and a small amount of cleaning solution (see below), and gently rub the edge of your eyelids to clean them.
- Always use a mirror when cleaning your eyelids to prevent any possible damage to your eyes.
- Carry out these steps twice a day at first, then once a day when your symptoms have improved.
- Do not wear eye make-up, particularly eyeliner and mascara, as this can make your symptoms worse. If you have to wear eyeliner, make sure that it washes off easily.
- Fucithalmic TM.
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
According to a new international study, leisurely physical activity, which includes dancing, gardening, or walking, on a weekly basis may cut the risk of death from multiple causes in adults aged 40 and over. The team included researchers from the Shandong University...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more