- Posterior blepharitis, linked to dysfunction of meibomian glands within the eyelids that secrete oils to help lubricate the eye.
- A burning sensation in the eyes.
- A gritty/sandy sensation in the eyes.
- Crusty eyelashes.
- Eyelashes may grow abnormally (misdirected).
- Eyelids appear greasy.
- Eyelids may stick together when waking up after sleep.
- Flaky skin around the eyes.
- Loss of eyelashes.
- Photophobia - sensitivity to light.
- Red eyes.
- Watery eyes.
- Swabbing skin for testing. In certain cases, your doctor may use a swab to collect a sample of the oil or crust that forms on your eyelid. This sample can be analyzed for bacteria, fungi or evidence of an Allergy.
- Gently rub the compress over your closed eyelids for two to three minutes, then repeat. This will help loosen any crusting.
- Use a cloth or cotton bud with warm water and a small amount of cleaning solution (see below), and gently rub the edge of your eyelids to clean them.
- Always use a mirror when cleaning your eyelids to prevent any possible damage to your eyes.
- Carry out these steps twice a day at first, then once a day when your symptoms have improved.
- Do not wear eye make-up, particularly eyeliner and mascara, as this can make your symptoms worse. If you have to wear eyeliner, make sure that it washes off easily.
- Fucithalmic TM.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more