- Old age: In this case, the muscles grow weaker and there is a loss of eyelid support that gradually occurs over time.
- Muscle weakness or damage: This may be due to inherited muscle diseases, the use of certain topical medications to the eye, or myasthenia gravis (MG). MG is a condition that causes muscle weakness in most of the body because a person's immune system attacks the muscles.
- Damage to one of two nerves that attach to the upper eyelid muscles: This nerve damage can be present at birth or can happen later in life.
- High blood pressure.
- Tumors or cancer, which may be inside the skull or in the neck or lung.
- An abnormally widened artery inside the skull, which is a potentially life-threatening problem.
- Inflammation of the nerve, such as from an infection or from the immune system attacking the nerve for unknown reasons.
- Are both eyelids affected or just one?
- Is it getting worse or staying the same?
- Is it present all of the time or only sometimes?
- What other symptoms do you have?
- Tensilon test.
- Posterior Muller's Muscle/Conjunctival Resection (Putterman Mullerectomy Procedure).
- Levator Aponeurotic Advancement Procedure.
A new research from the University of Edinburgh, UK, suggests that cheap cilostazol tablets may reduce damage to arteries, which lead to blood clots, resulting in strokes and cognitive decline. The researchers plan to assess the medications’ ability to cut the risk of...
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more