- Old age: In this case, the muscles grow weaker and there is a loss of eyelid support that gradually occurs over time.
- Muscle weakness or damage: This may be due to inherited muscle diseases, the use of certain topical medications to the eye, or myasthenia gravis (MG). MG is a condition that causes muscle weakness in most of the body because a person's immune system attacks the muscles.
- Damage to one of two nerves that attach to the upper eyelid muscles: This nerve damage can be present at birth or can happen later in life.
- High blood pressure.
- Tumors or cancer, which may be inside the skull or in the neck or lung.
- An abnormally widened artery inside the skull, which is a potentially life-threatening problem.
- Inflammation of the nerve, such as from an infection or from the immune system attacking the nerve for unknown reasons.
- Are both eyelids affected or just one?
- Is it getting worse or staying the same?
- Is it present all of the time or only sometimes?
- What other symptoms do you have?
- Tensilon test.
- Posterior Muller's Muscle/Conjunctival Resection (Putterman Mullerectomy Procedure).
- Levator Aponeurotic Advancement Procedure.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more