- Old age: In this case, the muscles grow weaker and there is a loss of eyelid support that gradually occurs over time.
- Muscle weakness or damage: This may be due to inherited muscle diseases, the use of certain topical medications to the eye, or myasthenia gravis (MG). MG is a condition that causes muscle weakness in most of the body because a person's immune system attacks the muscles.
- Damage to one of two nerves that attach to the upper eyelid muscles: This nerve damage can be present at birth or can happen later in life.
- High blood pressure.
- Tumors or cancer, which may be inside the skull or in the neck or lung.
- An abnormally widened artery inside the skull, which is a potentially life-threatening problem.
- Inflammation of the nerve, such as from an infection or from the immune system attacking the nerve for unknown reasons.
- Are both eyelids affected or just one?
- Is it getting worse or staying the same?
- Is it present all of the time or only sometimes?
- What other symptoms do you have?
- Tensilon test.
- Posterior Muller's Muscle/Conjunctival Resection (Putterman Mullerectomy Procedure).
- Levator Aponeurotic Advancement Procedure.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more