Central serous chorioretinopathy
- Age between 25-50.
- Systemic steroid use.
- Type A personality.
- Sleep apnea.
- Haze over vision.
- Objects appear smaller than normal.
- Central blind spot.
- Fluorescein Angiography (FA): It is a test that documents bloodcirculation in the retina using fluorescein dye which luminescesunder blue light. Fluorescein is injected into a vein in your armand digital fundus pictures are taken afterwards for 10 minutes.The pictures are used to determine the exact point and extent ofleakage.
- Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICGA): It is a test that images thechoroid using infrared light. This test is used to determine ifthere is any vascular abnormalities and/or leaking within thechoroid.
- Ocular irritation, discomfort or redness.
- Hemorrhage or bleeding.
- Retinal artery or vein occlusion.
- Choroidal neovascularization or abnormal new subretinal vessels.
- Inadvertent foveal ablation or laser treatment of the reading center.
- Retinal tears/detachment.
A large-scale scientific review, presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Berlin, suggests that three to four cups of coffee a day may decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25 percent. For the study, the researchers...
A new study, recently published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, suggests that exposure to blue light may help reduce high blood pressure. For the study, a team of researchers assessed whether blue light exposure could produce enough nitric oxide to...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more