- Premature Rupture of Membranes.
- Prolonged rupture of membranes.
- Prolonged labor.
- Multiple intrapartum vaginal exams.
- Internal monitoring.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Increased heart rate in both the mother and the fetus.
- Tender uterus.
- Smelly discharge from the vagina.
- Maternal leukocytosis (an increased number of white blood cells in the mother's blood).
- Bacteria, white cells, and low amounts of glucose in amniotic fluid (determined by amniocentesis).
- Amniocentesis—A needle is inserted through the mother's abdomen to get a sample of amniotic fluid, which is tested for bacteria, inflammatory cells, and glucose levels.In more severely ill patients, uterine tenderness and discolored, foul-smelling amniotic fluid (another indication of infection) may be present.
- Laboratory confirmation of a chorioamnionitis diagnosis is not routinely necessary in term patients who are progressing to delivery. However, if you are in preterm labor, an amniocentesis may be necessary. If the amniotic fluid has a low concentration of glucose and a high concentration of white blood cells and bacteria, the diagnosis is confirmed.
Recent research, presented at Digestive Disease Week 2019, finds that various types of physical activity including walking and strength exercises are connected to the reduced risk of dying from cirrhosis. For the study, the researchers prospectively followed 68,449...
A new study from the University of South Australia in Adelaide aimed to determine how much coffee would increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease in people with and without the genetic variant. For the study, the researchers analyzed data from 347,077...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more