Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- More than 80% people with CFS have not been diagnosed.
- Four times more women have CFS than men.
- CFS is most common in Americans ages 40 to 59, but people of all ages can develop CFS.
- Brain abnormalities.
- A hyper-reactive immune system.
- Viral or other infectious agents.
- Psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Oxidative stress, glutathione deficiency.
- Endocrine dysfunction, including adrenal fatigue, thyroid deficiency and hypothalamic-pituitary axis abnormalities.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Drug-induced fatigue.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Sore throat.
- Tender lymph nodes.
- Neurological problems such as confusion, memory loss, visual disturbance, anxiety, and sleep disorder.
- Chemistry panel.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), a marker of inflammation.
- Thyroid tests (T3, T4, TSH).
- Adrenal tests (AM and PM cortisol levels).
- Lyme titers and HIV serology.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of existing pain.
- Treatment of sleep problems.
- Treatment of allergy like symptoms.
- Treatment of problems of the nervous systems.
- Iron deficiency anemia can be treated using medicines like Punarnava-Mandur and Tapyadi-Loh.
- Loss of memory or concentration can be treated using medicines like Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and Vacha (Acorus calamus).
- Painful and enlarged lymph nodes are treated using medicines like Kachnaar-Guggulu, Medohar-Guggulu and Panch-Tikta-Ghrut-Guggulu.
- Pain in the muscles and joints is treated using medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Maha-Vat-Vidhwans-Ras and Vat-Gajankush-Ras.
- Chronic and persistent headache can be treated using medicines like Godanti-Bhasma and Pathyadi-Qadha.
- Sleep disturbance can be treated using medicines like Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) and Sarpagandha (Raulwofia serpentina).
- Herbal medicines like Yashtimadhuk (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bhumiamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) and Bhrungraj (Eclipta alba) can be used to overcome the effects of viral infection.
- Extreme exhaustion, which is the hallmark of this condition, can be treated using medicines like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Suvarna-Bhasma, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Suvarna-Parpati and Suvarna-Malini-Vasant.
According to a Spanish research, led by Dr. Victoria Moreno-Arribas from the Spanish National Research Council in Madrid, drinking red wine may protect teeth by destroying bacteria causing cavities and gum disease. The researchers completed an experiment where they...
Numerous studies conducted earlier showed that regular exercises have a positive effect on physical and mental health. The new work of American scientists confirms this. They believe that running five kilometers once a day is useful for the hippocampus (the brain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more