Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- More than 80% people with CFS have not been diagnosed.
- Four times more women have CFS than men.
- CFS is most common in Americans ages 40 to 59, but people of all ages can develop CFS.
- Brain abnormalities.
- A hyper-reactive immune system.
- Viral or other infectious agents.
- Psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Oxidative stress, glutathione deficiency.
- Endocrine dysfunction, including adrenal fatigue, thyroid deficiency and hypothalamic-pituitary axis abnormalities.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Drug-induced fatigue.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Sore throat.
- Tender lymph nodes.
- Neurological problems such as confusion, memory loss, visual disturbance, anxiety, and sleep disorder.
- Chemistry panel.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), a marker of inflammation.
- Thyroid tests (T3, T4, TSH).
- Adrenal tests (AM and PM cortisol levels).
- Lyme titers and HIV serology.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of existing pain.
- Treatment of sleep problems.
- Treatment of allergy like symptoms.
- Treatment of problems of the nervous systems.
- Iron deficiency anemia can be treated using medicines like Punarnava-Mandur and Tapyadi-Loh.
- Loss of memory or concentration can be treated using medicines like Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and Vacha (Acorus calamus).
- Painful and enlarged lymph nodes are treated using medicines like Kachnaar-Guggulu, Medohar-Guggulu and Panch-Tikta-Ghrut-Guggulu.
- Pain in the muscles and joints is treated using medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Maha-Vat-Vidhwans-Ras and Vat-Gajankush-Ras.
- Chronic and persistent headache can be treated using medicines like Godanti-Bhasma and Pathyadi-Qadha.
- Sleep disturbance can be treated using medicines like Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) and Sarpagandha (Raulwofia serpentina).
- Herbal medicines like Yashtimadhuk (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bhumiamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) and Bhrungraj (Eclipta alba) can be used to overcome the effects of viral infection.
- Extreme exhaustion, which is the hallmark of this condition, can be treated using medicines like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Suvarna-Bhasma, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Suvarna-Parpati and Suvarna-Malini-Vasant.
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
According to a recent study, published in The Journal of Physiology, exercising four to five times per week may help stop the main arteries to the heart from stiffening up. The researchers from the US have found that those who exercise four to five times per week had...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more