Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- More than 80% people with CFS have not been diagnosed.
- Four times more women have CFS than men.
- CFS is most common in Americans ages 40 to 59, but people of all ages can develop CFS.
- Brain abnormalities.
- A hyper-reactive immune system.
- Viral or other infectious agents.
- Psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Oxidative stress, glutathione deficiency.
- Endocrine dysfunction, including adrenal fatigue, thyroid deficiency and hypothalamic-pituitary axis abnormalities.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Drug-induced fatigue.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Sore throat.
- Tender lymph nodes.
- Neurological problems such as confusion, memory loss, visual disturbance, anxiety, and sleep disorder.
- Chemistry panel.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), a marker of inflammation.
- Thyroid tests (T3, T4, TSH).
- Adrenal tests (AM and PM cortisol levels).
- Lyme titers and HIV serology.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of existing pain.
- Treatment of sleep problems.
- Treatment of allergy like symptoms.
- Treatment of problems of the nervous systems.
- Iron deficiency anemia can be treated using medicines like Punarnava-Mandur and Tapyadi-Loh.
- Loss of memory or concentration can be treated using medicines like Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and Vacha (Acorus calamus).
- Painful and enlarged lymph nodes are treated using medicines like Kachnaar-Guggulu, Medohar-Guggulu and Panch-Tikta-Ghrut-Guggulu.
- Pain in the muscles and joints is treated using medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Maha-Vat-Vidhwans-Ras and Vat-Gajankush-Ras.
- Chronic and persistent headache can be treated using medicines like Godanti-Bhasma and Pathyadi-Qadha.
- Sleep disturbance can be treated using medicines like Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) and Sarpagandha (Raulwofia serpentina).
- Herbal medicines like Yashtimadhuk (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bhumiamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) and Bhrungraj (Eclipta alba) can be used to overcome the effects of viral infection.
- Extreme exhaustion, which is the hallmark of this condition, can be treated using medicines like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Suvarna-Bhasma, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Suvarna-Parpati and Suvarna-Malini-Vasant.
Soccer is one of the most watched and followed sport around the world. Soccer is obviously has given the world many known figures like Pele, Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Maradona, Neymar and many more. There are many people who dream to be one of them and indulge their...
Recent British research, presented at the National Cancer Research Institute annual conference in the UK, suggests that women who are early risers have lower chances to develop breast cancer. To study the link between sleep habits and breast cancer, researchers...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more