Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- More than 80% people with CFS have not been diagnosed.
- Four times more women have CFS than men.
- CFS is most common in Americans ages 40 to 59, but people of all ages can develop CFS.
- Brain abnormalities.
- A hyper-reactive immune system.
- Viral or other infectious agents.
- Psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Oxidative stress, glutathione deficiency.
- Endocrine dysfunction, including adrenal fatigue, thyroid deficiency and hypothalamic-pituitary axis abnormalities.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Drug-induced fatigue.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Sore throat.
- Tender lymph nodes.
- Neurological problems such as confusion, memory loss, visual disturbance, anxiety, and sleep disorder.
- Chemistry panel.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), a marker of inflammation.
- Thyroid tests (T3, T4, TSH).
- Adrenal tests (AM and PM cortisol levels).
- Lyme titers and HIV serology.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of existing pain.
- Treatment of sleep problems.
- Treatment of allergy like symptoms.
- Treatment of problems of the nervous systems.
- Iron deficiency anemia can be treated using medicines like Punarnava-Mandur and Tapyadi-Loh.
- Loss of memory or concentration can be treated using medicines like Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and Vacha (Acorus calamus).
- Painful and enlarged lymph nodes are treated using medicines like Kachnaar-Guggulu, Medohar-Guggulu and Panch-Tikta-Ghrut-Guggulu.
- Pain in the muscles and joints is treated using medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Maha-Vat-Vidhwans-Ras and Vat-Gajankush-Ras.
- Chronic and persistent headache can be treated using medicines like Godanti-Bhasma and Pathyadi-Qadha.
- Sleep disturbance can be treated using medicines like Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) and Sarpagandha (Raulwofia serpentina).
- Herbal medicines like Yashtimadhuk (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bhumiamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) and Bhrungraj (Eclipta alba) can be used to overcome the effects of viral infection.
- Extreme exhaustion, which is the hallmark of this condition, can be treated using medicines like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Suvarna-Bhasma, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Suvarna-Parpati and Suvarna-Malini-Vasant.
A new laboratory study, conducted by researchers from Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, finds that the asthma drug salbutamol prevents the formation of tangles of fibrous protein that are a hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease. For the study, scientists screened...
Recent research, completed by scientists from the University of Liverpool, UK, finds that cases of brain complications such as strokes, delirium, and other, are occurring all over the world. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed findings from COVID-19...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...