Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- More than 80% people with CFS have not been diagnosed.
- Four times more women have CFS than men.
- CFS is most common in Americans ages 40 to 59, but people of all ages can develop CFS.
- Brain abnormalities.
- A hyper-reactive immune system.
- Viral or other infectious agents.
- Psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Oxidative stress, glutathione deficiency.
- Endocrine dysfunction, including adrenal fatigue, thyroid deficiency and hypothalamic-pituitary axis abnormalities.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Drug-induced fatigue.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Sore throat.
- Tender lymph nodes.
- Neurological problems such as confusion, memory loss, visual disturbance, anxiety, and sleep disorder.
- Chemistry panel.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), a marker of inflammation.
- Thyroid tests (T3, T4, TSH).
- Adrenal tests (AM and PM cortisol levels).
- Lyme titers and HIV serology.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of existing pain.
- Treatment of sleep problems.
- Treatment of allergy like symptoms.
- Treatment of problems of the nervous systems.
- Iron deficiency anemia can be treated using medicines like Punarnava-Mandur and Tapyadi-Loh.
- Loss of memory or concentration can be treated using medicines like Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and Vacha (Acorus calamus).
- Painful and enlarged lymph nodes are treated using medicines like Kachnaar-Guggulu, Medohar-Guggulu and Panch-Tikta-Ghrut-Guggulu.
- Pain in the muscles and joints is treated using medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Maha-Vat-Vidhwans-Ras and Vat-Gajankush-Ras.
- Chronic and persistent headache can be treated using medicines like Godanti-Bhasma and Pathyadi-Qadha.
- Sleep disturbance can be treated using medicines like Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) and Sarpagandha (Raulwofia serpentina).
- Herbal medicines like Yashtimadhuk (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bhumiamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) and Bhrungraj (Eclipta alba) can be used to overcome the effects of viral infection.
- Extreme exhaustion, which is the hallmark of this condition, can be treated using medicines like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Suvarna-Bhasma, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Suvarna-Parpati and Suvarna-Malini-Vasant.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more