- Moderate Cognitive Impairment - IQ of 35 to 55.
- Severe Cognitive Impairment - IQ 20 to 40.
- Profound Cognitive Impairment - Below 20.
- Difficulty retaining information and learning simple routines.
- Confusion and behavior problems in new situations or places.
- Short attention span.
- Lack of curiosity.
- Difficulty understanding social rules.
- Sustained infantile behavior into toddlerhood or preschool years.
- Difficulty understanding consequences of actions.
- Limited and/or inconsistent communication skills.
- Lack of age-appropriate self-help and self-care skills.
- Cranial MRI.
- Spinal tap.
- Aids such as alarms or earplugs can also be used.
- If the person has trouble controlling emotions, psychotherapy may help.
- Controlling the person's surroundings can also help prevent outbursts. Behavior problems may also be helped with cognitive behavioral therapy. Teaching a person how to behave in different situations is useful, as well. If behavior problems are severe, the person may require supervision.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more