- Moderate Cognitive Impairment - IQ of 35 to 55.
- Severe Cognitive Impairment - IQ 20 to 40.
- Profound Cognitive Impairment - Below 20.
- Difficulty retaining information and learning simple routines.
- Confusion and behavior problems in new situations or places.
- Short attention span.
- Lack of curiosity.
- Difficulty understanding social rules.
- Sustained infantile behavior into toddlerhood or preschool years.
- Difficulty understanding consequences of actions.
- Limited and/or inconsistent communication skills.
- Lack of age-appropriate self-help and self-care skills.
- Cranial MRI.
- Spinal tap.
- Aids such as alarms or earplugs can also be used.
- If the person has trouble controlling emotions, psychotherapy may help.
- Controlling the person's surroundings can also help prevent outbursts. Behavior problems may also be helped with cognitive behavioral therapy. Teaching a person how to behave in different situations is useful, as well. If behavior problems are severe, the person may require supervision.
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more