Conductive hearing loss
- Injury of the outer ear itself.
- Blockage of the ear canal due to cerumen or other small objects like food, beads or insects.
- Infections of the outer or middle ear, often with effusion.
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- Congenital deformities (e.g., Down Syndrome, Franceschetti Syndrome, Treacher Collins Syndrome or Achondroplasia (dwarfism).
- Feeling of fullness in the ear.
- Sounds are faint or non existent.
- Needing everything to be repeated.
- Depression and embarrassment.
- Tuning fork test: Testing is done in different frequencies to determine the type of hearing loss.
- Pure tone audiometry: An audiometer produces sounds of different volumes and frequencies.
- Otoacoustic emissions: Measures your cochlear function and records the signals produced by the hair cells.
- Auditory brain stem response: This measures the activity of the cochlea, cochlear nerve, and brain in response to sound.
- Softening and removal of excessive earwax. Ear wax should be removed only by someone with proper experience and safe instruments. Do not use Q-tips to remove earwax as this technique generally makes the situation worse by pushing the wax deeper into the ear canal while depositing shreds of cotton fibers from the Q-tip into the wax itself.
- Draining of fluids that have built up.
- Hearing aids.
- Antibiotics such as oral medication or ear drops.
- In severe cases surgery.
Recent research, presented at Digestive Disease Week 2019, finds that various types of physical activity including walking and strength exercises are connected to the reduced risk of dying from cirrhosis. For the study, the researchers prospectively followed 68,449...
A new study from the University of South Australia in Adelaide aimed to determine how much coffee would increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease in people with and without the genetic variant. For the study, the researchers analyzed data from 347,077...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more