Conductive hearing loss
- Injury of the outer ear itself.
- Blockage of the ear canal due to cerumen or other small objects like food, beads or insects.
- Infections of the outer or middle ear, often with effusion.
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- Congenital deformities (e.g., Down Syndrome, Franceschetti Syndrome, Treacher Collins Syndrome or Achondroplasia (dwarfism).
- Feeling of fullness in the ear.
- Sounds are faint or non existent.
- Needing everything to be repeated.
- Depression and embarrassment.
- Tuning fork test: Testing is done in different frequencies to determine the type of hearing loss.
- Pure tone audiometry: An audiometer produces sounds of different volumes and frequencies.
- Otoacoustic emissions: Measures your cochlear function and records the signals produced by the hair cells.
- Auditory brain stem response: This measures the activity of the cochlea, cochlear nerve, and brain in response to sound.
- Softening and removal of excessive earwax. Ear wax should be removed only by someone with proper experience and safe instruments. Do not use Q-tips to remove earwax as this technique generally makes the situation worse by pushing the wax deeper into the ear canal while depositing shreds of cotton fibers from the Q-tip into the wax itself.
- Draining of fluids that have built up.
- Hearing aids.
- Antibiotics such as oral medication or ear drops.
- In severe cases surgery.
The latest research from the University at Buffalo in New York finds that drinking soda after exercise can cause dehydration and affect the kidney function. For the study, 12 healthy and physically fit adults whose average age was 24 years were recruited by the...
Recent research, published in the European Heart Journal, finds that physical activity can decrease the risk of a heart attack in healthy people by half. A team of researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Cardiac Exercise Research Group in...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more