- Eyelids shorter from side to side.
- Small opening for eyes to see through.
- Eyes spread apart from each other (telecanthus) that can make the nose look like it is flattened.
- Sagging of eyelids (ptosis).
- Arching of eyebrows.
- Bones above eyes (supraorbital ridges) slightly flattened.
- Epicanthal folds (a fold of extra tissue near the central corner of the eye opening).
- Repair of telecanthus and epicanthus in versus: Two methods were tried. The one was by Y-V procedure of Verwey and the other was by Mustarde's rectangular flap operation. In both the operations the shortening and medial shifting of the medial palpebral ligament was done. Merselene thread was used for fixing of the medial palpebral ligament without any use of stainless steel wires and bone drill.
- Levator resection by skin approach was done in all cases except one case in which fascia lata sling was done. All these steps were carried out at the interval of 4 to 6 weeks under general anesthesia.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more