- Eyelids shorter from side to side.
- Small opening for eyes to see through.
- Eyes spread apart from each other (telecanthus) that can make the nose look like it is flattened.
- Sagging of eyelids (ptosis).
- Arching of eyebrows.
- Bones above eyes (supraorbital ridges) slightly flattened.
- Epicanthal folds (a fold of extra tissue near the central corner of the eye opening).
- Repair of telecanthus and epicanthus in versus: Two methods were tried. The one was by Y-V procedure of Verwey and the other was by Mustarde's rectangular flap operation. In both the operations the shortening and medial shifting of the medial palpebral ligament was done. Merselene thread was used for fixing of the medial palpebral ligament without any use of stainless steel wires and bone drill.
- Levator resection by skin approach was done in all cases except one case in which fascia lata sling was done. All these steps were carried out at the interval of 4 to 6 weeks under general anesthesia.
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more