- Eyelids shorter from side to side.
- Small opening for eyes to see through.
- Eyes spread apart from each other (telecanthus) that can make the nose look like it is flattened.
- Sagging of eyelids (ptosis).
- Arching of eyebrows.
- Bones above eyes (supraorbital ridges) slightly flattened.
- Epicanthal folds (a fold of extra tissue near the central corner of the eye opening).
- Repair of telecanthus and epicanthus in versus: Two methods were tried. The one was by Y-V procedure of Verwey and the other was by Mustarde's rectangular flap operation. In both the operations the shortening and medial shifting of the medial palpebral ligament was done. Merselene thread was used for fixing of the medial palpebral ligament without any use of stainless steel wires and bone drill.
- Levator resection by skin approach was done in all cases except one case in which fascia lata sling was done. All these steps were carried out at the interval of 4 to 6 weeks under general anesthesia.
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
According to a new international study, leisurely physical activity, which includes dancing, gardening, or walking, on a weekly basis may cut the risk of death from multiple causes in adults aged 40 and over. The team included researchers from the Shandong University...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more