- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease.
- Interstitial lung disease.
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- Central sleep apnea.
- Primary pulmonary hypertension.
- Pulmonary vascular disease.
- Secondary pulmonary hypertension.
- Exercise intolerance.
- Shortness of breath.
- Swelling of the feet or ankles.
- Wheezing and coughing.
- Cyanosis (Bluish color the skin).
- Abnormal fluid collection in the abdomen.
- Swollen neck veins.
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Weak pulse.
- Low blood pressure.
- Pulmonary valve stenosis.
- Congestive cardiac failure due to primary cardiological disease.
- Congenital right-sided cardiac impairment.
- Right-sided heart failure due to right-ventricular myocardial infarction.
- Ventricular septal defect.
- Blood test for BNP (brain natriuretic peptide).
- Measurement of blood oxygen by arterial blood gas (ABG).
- Thrombophilia screen if suspected chronic venous thromboembolism (proteins C and S, antithrombin III, Factor V Leiden, anticardiolipin antibodies, homocysteine levels).
- Pulmonary function tests.
- CT scan of the chest.
- Echocardiography or radionuclide imaging is done to evaluate LV and RV function; echocardiography can assess RV systolic pressure but is often technically limited by the lung disorder. Right heart catheterization may be required for confirmation.
- Ventilation and perfusion scan of the lungs (V/Q scan).
- Management of ventricular failure.
- Management of pulmonary hypertension.
- Calcium channel blockers are often used to treat early cases.
- Prostacyclin may be given through injection or breathing in (inhalation).
- Blood thinning (anticoagulant) medications may also be prescribed.
A new study from the University of Iowa in Iowa City, US, finds that light and frequent physical exercise can boost mental health in short- and long-term perspective. During the study, a bunch of volunteers agreed to undergo functional MRI scanning which measured...
Recent research from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louise, US, suggests that pregnant women who eat a diet high in fat and sugar during pregnancy increase their child’s risk of having heart issues in the future. For their study, the researchers...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more