- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease.
- Interstitial lung disease.
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- Central sleep apnea.
- Primary pulmonary hypertension.
- Pulmonary vascular disease.
- Secondary pulmonary hypertension.
- Exercise intolerance.
- Shortness of breath.
- Swelling of the feet or ankles.
- Wheezing and coughing.
- Cyanosis (Bluish color the skin).
- Abnormal fluid collection in the abdomen.
- Swollen neck veins.
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Weak pulse.
- Low blood pressure.
- Pulmonary valve stenosis.
- Congestive cardiac failure due to primary cardiological disease.
- Congenital right-sided cardiac impairment.
- Right-sided heart failure due to right-ventricular myocardial infarction.
- Ventricular septal defect.
- Blood test for BNP (brain natriuretic peptide).
- Measurement of blood oxygen by arterial blood gas (ABG).
- Thrombophilia screen if suspected chronic venous thromboembolism (proteins C and S, antithrombin III, Factor V Leiden, anticardiolipin antibodies, homocysteine levels).
- Pulmonary function tests.
- CT scan of the chest.
- Echocardiography or radionuclide imaging is done to evaluate LV and RV function; echocardiography can assess RV systolic pressure but is often technically limited by the lung disorder. Right heart catheterization may be required for confirmation.
- Ventilation and perfusion scan of the lungs (V/Q scan).
- Management of ventricular failure.
- Management of pulmonary hypertension.
- Calcium channel blockers are often used to treat early cases.
- Prostacyclin may be given through injection or breathing in (inhalation).
- Blood thinning (anticoagulant) medications may also be prescribed.
In a new study from Pennsylvania (Penn) State University in University Park, U. S., researchers concluded that encouraging people to eat more dried fruit that doesn’t contain added sugar could be an effective way to boost the intake of vital nutrients and improve the...
Recent research by scientists from La Jolla Institute for Immunology in California suggests that recovered COVID-19 patients might have an immunity to the infection that lasts from 6 to 8 months. The researchers say that the body of a recovered patient has a robust...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...