- The teeth of children older than 8 years, adolescents, and adults cannot develop dental fluorosis.
- Drinking water with fluorine.
- Beverages with fluoridated water.
- Processed food using fluoridated water.
- Dietary prescriptions in the form of tablets or drops with fluoride content.
- Professional dental products like foams, mouth rinses, and gel.
- Frosty edges.
- Fine-chalk lines.
- Lacy chalk-like lines.
- White spots (occasional).
- Tooth whitening - only for mild fluorosis cases. The whitening is achieved by the abrasion of the outer layer of the enamel in order to remove surface stains.
- In cases of severe dental fluorosis the tooth enamel usually becomes porous, and tooth whitening methods are not recommended as treatment. Dental fluorosis treatment for severe cases of fluorosis requires covering the affected teeth with restorations, such as:
- Composite bonding. After etching the enamel, a composite resin (with a color matching the other teeth) is "glued" on to the exterior of the tooth.
- Porcelain veneers. Made out of porcelain, veneers form a ceramic shell over the surface of the tooth, covering the stains and discoloration caused by the dental fluorosis.
- Tooth bonding and porcelain veneers are relativly expensive dental fluorosis treatments but they can provide excellent cosmetic results.
A new study, published in the journal Gut, suggests that women who drink two or more sugar-sweetened beverages (SSB) per day are twice as likely to develop colorectal cancer before the age of 50. For their study, a team of researchers performed the analysis of data...
Recent research, conducted by scientists from McMaster University and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin in Germany, found that bacteria do not colonize the digestive tract before birth – it happens during and after birth. For their study, a team of researchers...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. Kangoo...