Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis
- It is mostly seen among blacks and racial groups.
- More common among females.
- Mandible is mostly affected in diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis especially in edentulous areas. The disease can affect the maxilla as well and even sometimes all four quadrants of jaw could be affected at a time.
- The disease is usually asymptomatic sometimes the patients may complain vague pain in the jaw with foul taste in mouth.
- Acute exacerbation may occur in the lesion, which often products mild pain, suppuration and fistulas tract formation, etc.
- SPAHO syndrome - it is a special entity characterized by chronic multifocal osteomyelitis with hyperostosis and osteitis of the bone. The condition is associated with negative bacterial culture and is non-responsive to antibiotic therapy.
- Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis shows formations of dense irregular bone within a hypocellular fibrous stroma.
- Bony trabeculae often reveal multiple reversal and resting lines.
- Patchy distribution of chronic inflammatory cells is often found in the marrow tissue.
- Gardener's syndrome.
- Late stage of fibrous dysplasia.
A new study, from the University of Exeter Medical School, UK, and Uppsala University, Sweden, finds that 2 hours of being in nature — parks, forests, and beaches — is enough to boost the overall well-being. To check their hypothesis, the team of researchers took data...
According to a new study, presented at Nutrition 2019, the American Society for Nutrition annual meeting in Baltimore, US, low consumption of fruits and vegetables may become the cause for 1 in 7 deaths and 1 in 12 deaths, correspondingly, from heart disease. A team...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more