Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis
- It is mostly seen among blacks and racial groups.
- More common among females.
- Mandible is mostly affected in diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis especially in edentulous areas. The disease can affect the maxilla as well and even sometimes all four quadrants of jaw could be affected at a time.
- The disease is usually asymptomatic sometimes the patients may complain vague pain in the jaw with foul taste in mouth.
- Acute exacerbation may occur in the lesion, which often products mild pain, suppuration and fistulas tract formation, etc.
- SPAHO syndrome - it is a special entity characterized by chronic multifocal osteomyelitis with hyperostosis and osteitis of the bone. The condition is associated with negative bacterial culture and is non-responsive to antibiotic therapy.
- Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis shows formations of dense irregular bone within a hypocellular fibrous stroma.
- Bony trabeculae often reveal multiple reversal and resting lines.
- Patchy distribution of chronic inflammatory cells is often found in the marrow tissue.
- Gardener's syndrome.
- Late stage of fibrous dysplasia.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more