Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis
- It is mostly seen among blacks and racial groups.
- More common among females.
- Mandible is mostly affected in diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis especially in edentulous areas. The disease can affect the maxilla as well and even sometimes all four quadrants of jaw could be affected at a time.
- The disease is usually asymptomatic sometimes the patients may complain vague pain in the jaw with foul taste in mouth.
- Acute exacerbation may occur in the lesion, which often products mild pain, suppuration and fistulas tract formation, etc.
- SPAHO syndrome - it is a special entity characterized by chronic multifocal osteomyelitis with hyperostosis and osteitis of the bone. The condition is associated with negative bacterial culture and is non-responsive to antibiotic therapy.
- Diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis shows formations of dense irregular bone within a hypocellular fibrous stroma.
- Bony trabeculae often reveal multiple reversal and resting lines.
- Patchy distribution of chronic inflammatory cells is often found in the marrow tissue.
- Gardener's syndrome.
- Late stage of fibrous dysplasia.
A new international study, executed by the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III in Madrid, Spain, and Tufts University, USA, finds a link between healthy sleep during night time and the risk of cardiovascular issues. For the study, the...
Researchers from the University of Louisville in Kentucky suggest that natural polyphenols found in pomegranate can fight symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Polyphenols are also present in berries such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. The...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more