- Early vomiting of large amounts, which may be greenish.
- Continued vomiting even when infant has not been fed for several hours.
- Absent urination.
- Absent bowel movements after first few meconium stools.
- Bile stained vomit after birth.
- Metabolic acidosis.
- Dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities are corrected by providing fluids through an intravenous tube.
- Surgery to correct the duodenal blockage is necessary, but is not an emergency. A surgeon makes a small incision near the navel and inserts a specialized camera to identify the location and nature of the blockage. Surgical tools are used to open the duodenum and suture it to the intestine. During surgery, the infant is usually given a feeding tube and intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration. Followup examinations are important to ensure the procedure was successful and that the baby is digesting nutrients.
- Swelling of the first part of the small bowel (megaduodenum).
- Problems with movement through the intestines.
Recent research from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louise, US, suggests that pregnant women who eat a diet high in fat and sugar during pregnancy increase their child’s risk of having heart issues in the future. For their study, the researchers...
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more