- Early vomiting of large amounts, which may be greenish.
- Continued vomiting even when infant has not been fed for several hours.
- Absent urination.
- Absent bowel movements after first few meconium stools.
- Bile stained vomit after birth.
- Metabolic acidosis.
- Dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities are corrected by providing fluids through an intravenous tube.
- Surgery to correct the duodenal blockage is necessary, but is not an emergency. A surgeon makes a small incision near the navel and inserts a specialized camera to identify the location and nature of the blockage. Surgical tools are used to open the duodenum and suture it to the intestine. During surgery, the infant is usually given a feeding tube and intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration. Followup examinations are important to ensure the procedure was successful and that the baby is digesting nutrients.
- Swelling of the first part of the small bowel (megaduodenum).
- Problems with movement through the intestines.
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
A new study from the Hellenic Open University in Patra, Greece, finds a link between consuming products of the Mediterranean diet and lower risk of depression. For the study, a team of researchers used data received from members of day-care centers for senior people...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more