- Gender - up to 10 times more men than women are affected.
- Heredity - the condition tends to run in families.
- Ancestry - those with Celtic or Scandinavian ancestry are at increased risk.
- Certain medical conditions - people with diabetes and epilepsy have a higher incidence of the condition.
- Alcoholism - the contracture tends to be common, and comparatively more severe, in alcoholics.
- There is the appearance of a thickened cord running along the palm to the fingers.
- Over time, as the contracture develops, the fingers become clawed as they are pulled towards the palm.
- The hand bows.
- The fingers are completely pulled against the palm.
- Often, the skin of the palm is dimpled and puckered.
- There is rarely any associated pain.
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
According to a new international study, leisurely physical activity, which includes dancing, gardening, or walking, on a weekly basis may cut the risk of death from multiple causes in adults aged 40 and over. The team included researchers from the Shandong University...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more