- Gender - up to 10 times more men than women are affected.
- Heredity - the condition tends to run in families.
- Ancestry - those with Celtic or Scandinavian ancestry are at increased risk.
- Certain medical conditions - people with diabetes and epilepsy have a higher incidence of the condition.
- Alcoholism - the contracture tends to be common, and comparatively more severe, in alcoholics.
- There is the appearance of a thickened cord running along the palm to the fingers.
- Over time, as the contracture develops, the fingers become clawed as they are pulled towards the palm.
- The hand bows.
- The fingers are completely pulled against the palm.
- Often, the skin of the palm is dimpled and puckered.
- There is rarely any associated pain.
A new study from Italy finds that patients hospitalized with COVID-19, besides physical symptoms, also have neurological symptoms, such as altered mental status and stroke. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed records of patients treated at the University of...
A new study, published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, finds that after eating foods with a high content of saturated fats, within the next few hours, a person’s ability to concentrate can be lowered. For the study, the researchers recruited 51...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...