- Gender - up to 10 times more men than women are affected.
- Heredity - the condition tends to run in families.
- Ancestry - those with Celtic or Scandinavian ancestry are at increased risk.
- Certain medical conditions - people with diabetes and epilepsy have a higher incidence of the condition.
- Alcoholism - the contracture tends to be common, and comparatively more severe, in alcoholics.
- There is the appearance of a thickened cord running along the palm to the fingers.
- Over time, as the contracture develops, the fingers become clawed as they are pulled towards the palm.
- The hand bows.
- The fingers are completely pulled against the palm.
- Often, the skin of the palm is dimpled and puckered.
- There is rarely any associated pain.
Here is the list of nine user-friendly gym machines for women that are intimidated by barbells, bumper plates, and squat racks by Robin Cortez, director of team training for Chuze Fitness, which has clubs in California, Colorado and Arizona: Smith machine — used for...
A new study from Imperial College London suggests that higher levels of iron may cut the risk of clogged arteries. On the other hand, they are linked to a higher risk of blood clots. Within the scope of the study, the scientists used genetic data from 500,000 people...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more