- Allogenic bone marrow transplantation.
- Medications, includes: mithramycin and L-asparaginase.
- Acquired dysfibrinogenemia has resolved with treatment of the underlying disease.
- Postoperative bleeding.
- Postoperative wound dehiscence.
- Defective wound healing.
- Severe hemorrhage (rare).
- Mild soft-tissue hemorrhage.
- Reptilase time: the reptilase time is an alternative screening test. Reptilase is a snake venom, that cleaves fibrinogen in a manner that release only fibrinopeptide A. Dysfibrinogenemia prolongs the reptilase time by inhibiting fibrinopeptide release or inhibiting fibrin monomer polymerization. The reptilase time is unaffected by heparin, and it can therefore improve the specificity of this test.
- Prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time had sensitivities of 96% and 65% respectively, in detecting dysfibrinogenemia. However, despite their low cost and wide availability, their lack of specificity make them poor screening tests.
- Confirmatory testing: Fibrinogen concentration measured both functionally and antigenically, then expressed as a fibrinogen activity-antigen ratio,can be used as a confirmatory test if the screening test is positive.
- Other options include fibrinogen electrophoresis and molecular genetic analysis of the fibrinogen genes.
- Patients with recurrent thrombotic events may require long-term anticoagulation with Coumadin or subcutaneous heparin.
- Administration of prophylactic cryoprecipitate may prevent recurrent miscarriages.
- Researchers described the use of fibrinogen concentrates to avoid pregnancy loss in women with dysfibrinogenemia. (The obstetric complications of dysfibrinogenemia include first-trimester pregnancy loss, along with hemorrhage, placental abruption, and thrombosis.). The investigators performed a retrospective study of 4 women from the same family, each of whom had dysfibrinogenemia and a history of recurrent pregnancy loss. The patients received fibrinogen concentrates from the start of pregnancy until delivery, with 3 of the 4 women achieving delivery.
A team of researchers from the universities of North Carolina and Emory in Atlanta moved one step closer to cure HIV forcing the AIDS-causing virus to reactivate meaning this virus becomes vulnerable to the immune system and medication. This is a significant...
A new pneumonia-like coronavirus from China emerged in the city of Wuhan with a population of around 11 million people. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified a seafood market as the center of the outbreak. The market was closed on the 1st of...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...