- Ointments or creams should be used on the hands at least two times per day, and after every hand washing.
- Heavy ointments are best. Petroleum jelly (such as Vaseline), mineral oil or vegetable shortening may be best but can be messy.
- Creams are better than lotions. Creams such as Eucerin and Lubriderm may be helpful.
- Your doctor may prescribe steroid (or corticosteroid) ointments creams, or other creams or ointments such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus.
- Coal tar preparations.
- Phototherapy (ultraviolet light therapy).
- Oatmeal baths - this is not a cream for eczema but an effective treatment! Grind oatmeal up until it's a fine powder and add it to a bath full of warm (but not too hot!) water. Lie in the water for 15 minutes before getting out, you'll notice right away that the itchiness has been relieved from your hands, feet and any other areas where you had an eczema rash/sore.
- Mix Oatmeal with egg whites to form a very rich exfoliating masque. Apply to your rash/rashes and wait for it to dry into the skin before washing off, you will notice it smoothes your skin and it feels softer to touch. This works great for facial eczema.
Mediterranean diet includes foods that are high in omega-3s and healthy fats, such as fish, olive oil, nuts, grains, fruits, and vegetables. Here are the 8 major benefits of this diet: 1. It is good for your heart, as it is associated with the decreased risk of heart...
The latest research from the University at Buffalo in New York finds that drinking soda after exercise can cause dehydration and affect the kidney function. For the study, 12 healthy and physically fit adults whose average age was 24 years were recruited by the...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more