- Ointments or creams should be used on the hands at least two times per day, and after every hand washing.
- Heavy ointments are best. Petroleum jelly (such as Vaseline), mineral oil or vegetable shortening may be best but can be messy.
- Creams are better than lotions. Creams such as Eucerin and Lubriderm may be helpful.
- Your doctor may prescribe steroid (or corticosteroid) ointments creams, or other creams or ointments such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus.
- Coal tar preparations.
- Phototherapy (ultraviolet light therapy).
- Oatmeal baths - this is not a cream for eczema but an effective treatment! Grind oatmeal up until it's a fine powder and add it to a bath full of warm (but not too hot!) water. Lie in the water for 15 minutes before getting out, you'll notice right away that the itchiness has been relieved from your hands, feet and any other areas where you had an eczema rash/sore.
- Mix Oatmeal with egg whites to form a very rich exfoliating masque. Apply to your rash/rashes and wait for it to dry into the skin before washing off, you will notice it smoothes your skin and it feels softer to touch. This works great for facial eczema.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more