- All children who reverse b's and d's or p's and q's haveit.
- If a child does not "mirror write" or reverse letters and numbers, he/she does not have it.
- Dyslexic children will never read well. It is best to teach them to compensate.
- If you do not teach a dyslexic child to read by age 12, it is too late. They won't be able to learn after age 12.
- Difficulty in phonological awareness, includingsegmenting, blending and manipulating sounds in words.
- Difficulty mastering the alphabetic principle and basicdecoding skills (mapping sounds to letters).
- Lack ofreading fluency.
- Delayed speech.
- Difficulty staying organized.
- Difficulty acquiring age appropriate sight wordrecognition skills.
- Difficulty learning to spell accurately.
- People often have poor nearly illegible handwriting.
- Most children and adults have difficulties with many aspects of directionality.
- Some people with it also have attention deficit disorder (ADD) and light sensitivity.
- Reading comprehension.
- Written Expression
- Single word decoding (accuracy and speed).
- Phonemic word attack skills for nonsense words.
- Oral Language.
Recent research, performed by Sara Seidelman, a cardiologist and nutrition researcher from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, USA, finds that diets which ban entire food groups from the eating plan, for example, ketogenic diet, may actually harm your health. The...
According to a recent study, completed by the scientists from the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, USA, regular bedtime is important for heart health and metabolism. A team of scientists examined the sleeping patterns of approximately 2,000 adults aged...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more