- All children who reverse b's and d's or p's and q's haveit.
- If a child does not "mirror write" or reverse letters and numbers, he/she does not have it.
- Dyslexic children will never read well. It is best to teach them to compensate.
- If you do not teach a dyslexic child to read by age 12, it is too late. They won't be able to learn after age 12.
- Difficulty in phonological awareness, includingsegmenting, blending and manipulating sounds in words.
- Difficulty mastering the alphabetic principle and basicdecoding skills (mapping sounds to letters).
- Lack ofreading fluency.
- Delayed speech.
- Difficulty staying organized.
- Difficulty acquiring age appropriate sight wordrecognition skills.
- Difficulty learning to spell accurately.
- People often have poor nearly illegible handwriting.
- Most children and adults have difficulties with many aspects of directionality.
- Some people with it also have attention deficit disorder (ADD) and light sensitivity.
- Reading comprehension.
- Written Expression
- Single word decoding (accuracy and speed).
- Phonemic word attack skills for nonsense words.
- Oral Language.
A small study, conducted by the researchers from Washington University School of Medicine, suggests that a new MRI brain scan can be more efficient in determining the patient’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease than common clinical tests, long before the disease...
According to recent research, published in the journal Immunity, probiotics can be used safely and efficiently to fight osteoporosis, widely-known as osteoporosis. The researchers have used a mouse model to check the hypothesis. The mice received oral Lactobacillus...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more