- Spastic dysphonia.
- Abductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Adductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Dysphonia plicae ventricularis.
- Dysphonia spastica.
- Inflammation of the larynx over a short (acute) or long (chronic) period of time.
- Underactive thyroid gland.
- Trauma - any kind of trauma, including surgery, to the vocal cords will inevitably cause scarring and hence affect the vocal fold function. The risk of permanent voice change therefore needs to be discussed prior to surgery on the larynx.
- Vocal cord paralysis - some other surgical operations including removal of the thyroid gland and heart or lung surgery can damage the nerves to the larynx causing either temporary or permanent vocal cord paralysis.
- Reinke's edema of the larynx.
- Psychological - voice changes are not uncommon when people are under stress either at work or at home. Overuse, emotional stress, trauma and illness can cause chronic spasm, weakness, or scarring of the vocal cords.
- Inability to project or maintainnotes
- Recurrent colds, sore throats.
- Hypertension and palpitations.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Neurological problems such as dizziness, double vision, headache.
- Head/neck posture and muscles affecting it
- Position of the cartilages: thyroid; cricoid; and hyoid bon.
- Drink plenty of clear fluid to avoid a dry throat.
- The patient should try not to stress the voice if he is in loud environment. Crying, shouting, and excessive talking or singing will only make the problem worse.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more