- Spastic dysphonia.
- Abductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Adductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Dysphonia plicae ventricularis.
- Dysphonia spastica.
- Inflammation of the larynx over a short (acute) or long (chronic) period of time.
- Underactive thyroid gland.
- Trauma - any kind of trauma, including surgery, to the vocal cords will inevitably cause scarring and hence affect the vocal fold function. The risk of permanent voice change therefore needs to be discussed prior to surgery on the larynx.
- Vocal cord paralysis - some other surgical operations including removal of the thyroid gland and heart or lung surgery can damage the nerves to the larynx causing either temporary or permanent vocal cord paralysis.
- Reinke's edema of the larynx.
- Psychological - voice changes are not uncommon when people are under stress either at work or at home. Overuse, emotional stress, trauma and illness can cause chronic spasm, weakness, or scarring of the vocal cords.
- Inability to project or maintainnotes
- Recurrent colds, sore throats.
- Hypertension and palpitations.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Neurological problems such as dizziness, double vision, headache.
- Head/neck posture and muscles affecting it
- Position of the cartilages: thyroid; cricoid; and hyoid bon.
- Drink plenty of clear fluid to avoid a dry throat.
- The patient should try not to stress the voice if he is in loud environment. Crying, shouting, and excessive talking or singing will only make the problem worse.
A small study, conducted by the researchers from Washington University School of Medicine, suggests that a new MRI brain scan can be more efficient in determining the patient’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease than common clinical tests, long before the disease...
According to recent research, published in the journal Immunity, probiotics can be used safely and efficiently to fight osteoporosis, widely-known as osteoporosis. The researchers have used a mouse model to check the hypothesis. The mice received oral Lactobacillus...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more