- Spastic dysphonia.
- Abductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Adductor spasmodic dysphonia.
- Dysphonia plicae ventricularis.
- Dysphonia spastica.
- Inflammation of the larynx over a short (acute) or long (chronic) period of time.
- Underactive thyroid gland.
- Trauma - any kind of trauma, including surgery, to the vocal cords will inevitably cause scarring and hence affect the vocal fold function. The risk of permanent voice change therefore needs to be discussed prior to surgery on the larynx.
- Vocal cord paralysis - some other surgical operations including removal of the thyroid gland and heart or lung surgery can damage the nerves to the larynx causing either temporary or permanent vocal cord paralysis.
- Reinke's edema of the larynx.
- Psychological - voice changes are not uncommon when people are under stress either at work or at home. Overuse, emotional stress, trauma and illness can cause chronic spasm, weakness, or scarring of the vocal cords.
- Inability to project or maintainnotes
- Recurrent colds, sore throats.
- Hypertension and palpitations.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Neurological problems such as dizziness, double vision, headache.
- Head/neck posture and muscles affecting it
- Position of the cartilages: thyroid; cricoid; and hyoid bon.
- Drink plenty of clear fluid to avoid a dry throat.
- The patient should try not to stress the voice if he is in loud environment. Crying, shouting, and excessive talking or singing will only make the problem worse.
A new study from the University of Vermont in Burlington, US, examined how physical activities could help patients with mental disorders to feel better. To confirm their hypothesis, the research team installed gym equipment in the psychiatric inpatient facility which...
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more