- Atonic E.
- Cibis E.
- Cicatricial E.
- Complex E.
- Congenital E.
- Ectropion cicatriceum.
- Ectropion irides.
- Ectropion iridis.
- Ectropion luxurians.
- Ectropion paralyticum.
- Ectropion sarcomatosum.
- Ectropion senilis.
- Ectropion spasticum.
- Ectropion uveae.
- Eyelid E.
- Flaccid E.
- Inflammatory E.
- Involutional senile.
- Lid E.
- Medial E.
- Paralytic E.
- Pigment layer ectropion.
- Puncta El.
- SenescentE .
- Senile E.
- Spastic E.
- Tarsal E.
- Dry, painful eyes.
- Excess tearing of the eye (epiphora).
- Long-term (chronic) conjunctivitis.
- Redness of the lid and white part of the eye.
- Excessive tearing: Without proper drainage, your tears may pool and constantly flow over your eyelids. Many people with ectropion complain of watery or weepy eyes.
- Excessive dryness: Ectropion can cause the eyes to feel dry, gritty and sandy.
- Congenital E. is rare and usually involves the lower lid. The cause often is a vertical deficiency of the anterior lamella.
- Congenital E. is rarely an isolated anomaly. It may be associated with blepharophimosis syndrome, microphthalmos, buphthalmos, orbital cysts, Down syndrome, and ichthyosis (collodion baby).
- Occasional congenital E. cases are on a paralytic basis.
- Disinsertion of the capsulopalpebral fascia may lead to severe tarsal E.
- Paralytic E. may occur with seventh nerve palsy from diverse causes, such as Bell palsy, cerebellopontine angle tumors, herpes zoster oticus, and infiltrations or tumors of the parotid gland.
- Cicatricial ectropion occurs from scarring of the anterior lamella by conditions, such as facial burns, trauma, chronic dermatitis, or excessive skin excision (or laser) with blepharoplasty. Less common causes of cicatricial ectropion include cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
- Acute "idiopathic" bilateral lower lid E. has been described. An uncommon case of bilateral upper lid ectropion from blepharospasm has also been described.
- Facial paralysis: When some of the facial nerves and muscles are paralyzed, as with Bell's palsy and some types of tumors, it can affect the eyelid muscles and cause E.
- Scars or skin problems: Scarred skin from facial burns or trauma, such as a dog bite or lacerations, can affect the way that the eyelid rests against the eye. Chronically irritated or inflamed skin (dermatitis), or previous skin cancer in the facial area, also can cause E.
- Eyelid growths: Benign or cancerous growths on your eyelid can cause the lid to turn outward.
- Previous surgery, radiation or cosmetic procedures. Previous eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can cause ectropion to develop later, particularly if too much skin from the eyelid was removed at the time of surgery. Radiation of your eyelid for a cancerous growth can trigger E. to develop. Even cosmetic laser skin resurfacing can shrink your eyelid too much, pulling it away from your eye and causing E.
- Rapid weight loss: Sometimes, losing weight very quickly can cause E.
- Congenital E: Rarely, ectropion is present at birth (congenital), when it is usually associated with genetic disorders, such as Down syndrome.
- Previous eye surgeries: People who have had eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) are at higher risk of developing E. later.
- Previous cancer, burns or trauma: If you've had spots of skin cancer on your face, facial burns or trauma, you're at higher risk of developing the disease.
Recent research from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louise, US, suggests that pregnant women who eat a diet high in fat and sugar during pregnancy increase their child’s risk of having heart issues in the future. For their study, the researchers...
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more