- Maffucci's syndrome - a combination of multiple tumors and angiomas (benign tumors made up of blood vessels). Some types of enchondromas can develop into malignant, or cancerous, bone tumors later. Careful follow-up with a physician may be recommended.
- The tumor causes weakness of the affected bone, leading to a fracture.
- The tumor causes abnormal growth of the affected area.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - This test is particularly useful in identifying tumors in areas that are difficult to image on a plain x-ray.
- CT/CAT scan - A CT scan shows detailed images of any part of the body, including the bones, muscles, fat and organs.
- Bone scan - A nuclear imaging method to evaluate any degenerative and/or arthritic changes in the joints, to detect bone diseases and tumors and to determine the cause of bone pain or inflammation.
- Tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies.
- Expectations for the course of the disease.
- Opinion or preference of the patient.
- Bone grafting - a surgical procedure in which healthy bone is transplanted from another part of the patient's body into the affected area.
- If there is no sign of bone weakening or growth of the tumor, observation only may be suggested. However, follow-up with repeat x-rays may be necessary. Some types of enchondromas can develop into malignant, or cancerous, bone tumors later. Careful follow-up with a physician may be recommended.
According to researchers from the University of Pennsylvania, iron found in dark leafy greens may help boost the brains of children. For the study, a team of scientists measured iron levels in the brain of 1,500 children and young adults whose age was between 8 and 24...
A new study, published in Environmental Health Perspectives, suggests that exposure to ultrafine particles (UFP) of air pollution can be a trigger for heart attacks. To investigate the link between UFP and nonfatal heart attacks, the team of researchers analyzed data...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...