- Maffucci's syndrome - a combination of multiple tumors and angiomas (benign tumors made up of blood vessels). Some types of enchondromas can develop into malignant, or cancerous, bone tumors later. Careful follow-up with a physician may be recommended.
- The tumor causes weakness of the affected bone, leading to a fracture.
- The tumor causes abnormal growth of the affected area.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - This test is particularly useful in identifying tumors in areas that are difficult to image on a plain x-ray.
- CT/CAT scan - A CT scan shows detailed images of any part of the body, including the bones, muscles, fat and organs.
- Bone scan - A nuclear imaging method to evaluate any degenerative and/or arthritic changes in the joints, to detect bone diseases and tumors and to determine the cause of bone pain or inflammation.
- Tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies.
- Expectations for the course of the disease.
- Opinion or preference of the patient.
- Bone grafting - a surgical procedure in which healthy bone is transplanted from another part of the patient's body into the affected area.
- If there is no sign of bone weakening or growth of the tumor, observation only may be suggested. However, follow-up with repeat x-rays may be necessary. Some types of enchondromas can develop into malignant, or cancerous, bone tumors later. Careful follow-up with a physician may be recommended.
Recent research from the University of Arizona, USA, suggests that workers who work in open-plan offices are more active and less stressed compared to the workers who have their desks in cubicles or separate offices. The researchers of the study claim that they were...
A new study, executed by the researchers from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, suggests that eating less than a cup of strawberries on a daily basis may help reduce harmful inflammation in the colon and improve the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)....
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more