Other Risk Factors:
- Acromegaly, an overproduction of growth hormone, and prolactinoma, an overproduction of prolactin hormone, resulting from damage to the pituitary gland.
- Addison's disease and Cushing's syndrome, disorders relating to changes in levels of hormones produced by the adrenal glands.
- Diabetes mellitus, which arises when the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin or when the body cannot respond to the insulin that is present.
- Environmental or nutritional factors, such as a lack of iodine in hypothyroidism, which can affect hormone production.
- Genetic factors, which may play a role in endocrine disorders, especially with diabetes and other disorders, such as autoimmune thyroiditis, or Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), Graves' disease (a type of hyperthyroidism resulting in excessive thyroid hormone production), and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune disease resulting in hypothyroidism), all resulting from problems with the thyroid gland.
- Tumors, since the underlying cause of the endocrine disorder can be linked to a growth or tumor of the gland.
Endocrine Dyscrasia Symptoms:The concrete symptom for endocrine dyscrasia includes the chloasma on the face, lump in breast, hyperlipidemia and so on. These diseases not only are harmful to females' beauty, but also would damage the females' psychological and physiological health. This also can produce a vast array of other symptoms, including extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss or gain, or body pain.
- Understand where diseases and disorders begin. For instance, your pancreas works with various hormones, which if are out of control, can produce tumors and other malformations. Your thyroid also produces hormones that run your entire body and can be a common location for cancer cells.
- Pay attention to changing hormonal cycles. If you are a woman, carefully keep track of your menstrual cycles and their regularity. Many a times women may face drastic hormonal imbalances, resulting in abnormally long cycles or none at all. If you have extreme pain during your cycle, see your doctor.
- Find out if your family has a history of diabetes. This is hands-down one of the most common endocrine disorders, affecting millions of people in the world. You should be tested for diabetes on a yearly basis and should look out for symptoms, including extreme thirst, weight loss or gain, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Another common disorder occurs with this is adrenal gland disorder, which obstructs how much cortisol or sex hormones your body produces. This can be an especially dangerous disorder, as abnormal growths can grow as a result of this disease.
Treatment:There is no known cure. The people suffering endocrine dyscrasia, they should start with the following aspects:
- First, acquire the good lifestyle, and form the regular rule of life. The irregular lifestyle would cause the disorder of human body's biological clock, keeping this bad lifestyle for too long, we would suffer such symptoms as deterioration of memory, appetite reduction, feeling tired all day, not easy to fall asleep at night, so that our body could not receive enough rest, naturally, the immunity would decrease, and our body are more easily attacked by diseases.
- Second, insure enough sleep and nutrition, eat more fruit, vegetable, and foods with high-level protein and fiber.
- Third, avoid of overstrain and keep a pleasure mood.
- Fourth, eat the fast food less and get far away from the toxins. Excessive intake of saturated fats can stimulate excessive secretion of estrogen, and the steroid in fat can be converted into estrogen in the body, prompting the formation of breast cancer cells. If you intake too much artificial hormones, you will accumulate too many toxins in the body and cause endocrine dyscrasia. Moreover, use fewer plastic products containing food, because it is easy to cause the overflow of toxic substances. The soybeans and soy products can be effective in preventing endocrine disorders. Soybeans and soy products contain large amounts of plant estrogen, which plays an important part in the prevention of breast cancer, particularly the soybeans, can change the secretion of hormones. Clinical studies have shown that soybeans and soy products can balance the estrogen in the body, when the estrogen is too low, the soybeans or soy products will make it increase, while if it is woo high, they can also let the estrogen decrease.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more