Other Risk Factors:
- Acromegaly, an overproduction of growth hormone, and prolactinoma, an overproduction of prolactin hormone, resulting from damage to the pituitary gland.
- Addison's disease and Cushing's syndrome, disorders relating to changes in levels of hormones produced by the adrenal glands.
- Diabetes mellitus, which arises when the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin or when the body cannot respond to the insulin that is present.
- Environmental or nutritional factors, such as a lack of iodine in hypothyroidism, which can affect hormone production.
- Genetic factors, which may play a role in endocrine disorders, especially with diabetes and other disorders, such as autoimmune thyroiditis, or Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), Graves' disease (a type of hyperthyroidism resulting in excessive thyroid hormone production), and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune disease resulting in hypothyroidism), all resulting from problems with the thyroid gland.
- Tumors, since the underlying cause of the endocrine disorder can be linked to a growth or tumor of the gland.
Endocrine Dyscrasia Symptoms:The concrete symptom for endocrine dyscrasia includes the chloasma on the face, lump in breast, hyperlipidemia and so on. These diseases not only are harmful to females' beauty, but also would damage the females' psychological and physiological health. This also can produce a vast array of other symptoms, including extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss or gain, or body pain.
- Understand where diseases and disorders begin. For instance, your pancreas works with various hormones, which if are out of control, can produce tumors and other malformations. Your thyroid also produces hormones that run your entire body and can be a common location for cancer cells.
- Pay attention to changing hormonal cycles. If you are a woman, carefully keep track of your menstrual cycles and their regularity. Many a times women may face drastic hormonal imbalances, resulting in abnormally long cycles or none at all. If you have extreme pain during your cycle, see your doctor.
- Find out if your family has a history of diabetes. This is hands-down one of the most common endocrine disorders, affecting millions of people in the world. You should be tested for diabetes on a yearly basis and should look out for symptoms, including extreme thirst, weight loss or gain, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Another common disorder occurs with this is adrenal gland disorder, which obstructs how much cortisol or sex hormones your body produces. This can be an especially dangerous disorder, as abnormal growths can grow as a result of this disease.
Treatment:There is no known cure. The people suffering endocrine dyscrasia, they should start with the following aspects:
- First, acquire the good lifestyle, and form the regular rule of life. The irregular lifestyle would cause the disorder of human body's biological clock, keeping this bad lifestyle for too long, we would suffer such symptoms as deterioration of memory, appetite reduction, feeling tired all day, not easy to fall asleep at night, so that our body could not receive enough rest, naturally, the immunity would decrease, and our body are more easily attacked by diseases.
- Second, insure enough sleep and nutrition, eat more fruit, vegetable, and foods with high-level protein and fiber.
- Third, avoid of overstrain and keep a pleasure mood.
- Fourth, eat the fast food less and get far away from the toxins. Excessive intake of saturated fats can stimulate excessive secretion of estrogen, and the steroid in fat can be converted into estrogen in the body, prompting the formation of breast cancer cells. If you intake too much artificial hormones, you will accumulate too many toxins in the body and cause endocrine dyscrasia. Moreover, use fewer plastic products containing food, because it is easy to cause the overflow of toxic substances. The soybeans and soy products can be effective in preventing endocrine disorders. Soybeans and soy products contain large amounts of plant estrogen, which plays an important part in the prevention of breast cancer, particularly the soybeans, can change the secretion of hormones. Clinical studies have shown that soybeans and soy products can balance the estrogen in the body, when the estrogen is too low, the soybeans or soy products will make it increase, while if it is woo high, they can also let the estrogen decrease.
Sometimes it is difficult to have a bowel movement. Bowel movements range is different for everyone. However, movements from three times per week up to three times per day are considered as healthy. There are some natural methods that can help a person poop. Below,...
A team of scientists from the University of California identified a gene that may play role in preventing heart disease. The gene, called MeXis, acts within key cells inside clogged arteries to help remove redundant cholesterol from blood cells. The gene MeXis was...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more