Other Risk Factors:
- Acromegaly, an overproduction of growth hormone, and prolactinoma, an overproduction of prolactin hormone, resulting from damage to the pituitary gland.
- Addison's disease and Cushing's syndrome, disorders relating to changes in levels of hormones produced by the adrenal glands.
- Diabetes mellitus, which arises when the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin or when the body cannot respond to the insulin that is present.
- Environmental or nutritional factors, such as a lack of iodine in hypothyroidism, which can affect hormone production.
- Genetic factors, which may play a role in endocrine disorders, especially with diabetes and other disorders, such as autoimmune thyroiditis, or Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), Graves' disease (a type of hyperthyroidism resulting in excessive thyroid hormone production), and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune disease resulting in hypothyroidism), all resulting from problems with the thyroid gland.
- Tumors, since the underlying cause of the endocrine disorder can be linked to a growth or tumor of the gland.
Endocrine Dyscrasia Symptoms:The concrete symptom for endocrine dyscrasia includes the chloasma on the face, lump in breast, hyperlipidemia and so on. These diseases not only are harmful to females' beauty, but also would damage the females' psychological and physiological health. This also can produce a vast array of other symptoms, including extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss or gain, or body pain.
- Understand where diseases and disorders begin. For instance, your pancreas works with various hormones, which if are out of control, can produce tumors and other malformations. Your thyroid also produces hormones that run your entire body and can be a common location for cancer cells.
- Pay attention to changing hormonal cycles. If you are a woman, carefully keep track of your menstrual cycles and their regularity. Many a times women may face drastic hormonal imbalances, resulting in abnormally long cycles or none at all. If you have extreme pain during your cycle, see your doctor.
- Find out if your family has a history of diabetes. This is hands-down one of the most common endocrine disorders, affecting millions of people in the world. You should be tested for diabetes on a yearly basis and should look out for symptoms, including extreme thirst, weight loss or gain, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Another common disorder occurs with this is adrenal gland disorder, which obstructs how much cortisol or sex hormones your body produces. This can be an especially dangerous disorder, as abnormal growths can grow as a result of this disease.
Treatment:There is no known cure. The people suffering endocrine dyscrasia, they should start with the following aspects:
- First, acquire the good lifestyle, and form the regular rule of life. The irregular lifestyle would cause the disorder of human body's biological clock, keeping this bad lifestyle for too long, we would suffer such symptoms as deterioration of memory, appetite reduction, feeling tired all day, not easy to fall asleep at night, so that our body could not receive enough rest, naturally, the immunity would decrease, and our body are more easily attacked by diseases.
- Second, insure enough sleep and nutrition, eat more fruit, vegetable, and foods with high-level protein and fiber.
- Third, avoid of overstrain and keep a pleasure mood.
- Fourth, eat the fast food less and get far away from the toxins. Excessive intake of saturated fats can stimulate excessive secretion of estrogen, and the steroid in fat can be converted into estrogen in the body, prompting the formation of breast cancer cells. If you intake too much artificial hormones, you will accumulate too many toxins in the body and cause endocrine dyscrasia. Moreover, use fewer plastic products containing food, because it is easy to cause the overflow of toxic substances. The soybeans and soy products can be effective in preventing endocrine disorders. Soybeans and soy products contain large amounts of plant estrogen, which plays an important part in the prevention of breast cancer, particularly the soybeans, can change the secretion of hormones. Clinical studies have shown that soybeans and soy products can balance the estrogen in the body, when the estrogen is too low, the soybeans or soy products will make it increase, while if it is woo high, they can also let the estrogen decrease.
A new study from York University in Toronto, Canada, suggests that consuming fluoridated water during pregnancy can be connected with the lower IQ in children born to women who were exposed to this kind of water. For the study, the data from 601 pairs of mothers and...
A new study, performed by the researchers from the universities of Newcastle, Warwick, and Sheffield, finds that people living in a city within 984 ft, or 300 m, of green areas, park or playground, are happier. For the study, the researchers examined the quality of...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more