- Picking the inside of your nose - especially if this is done often, if the fingernails are long, and if the inside of the nose is already irritated or tender.
- A knock or blow to the nose - could damage the delicate blood vessels of the mucous membrane.
- Fracture of the nasal bones.
- Deviated septum - when the wall separating the two nostrils is off center, or deviated.
- Climate - hot climates with low humidity or changes from bitter cold to warm, dry climates can cause drying and cracking inside the nose, which can lead to a nosebleed.
- High altitude - as altitude increases, the availability of oxygen decreases, making the air thinner and drier. The dryness could cause the nose to bleed.
- Nasal allergies.
- Excessive use of certain kinds of medications, such as anticoagulants (blood thinners) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen.
- Liver disease can interfere with blood clotting and result in frequent and/or severe nosebleeds.
- Excessive use of illegal drugs, such as cocaine.
- Hypertension - commonly seen in old age.
- Heart diseases.
- Acute sinusitis.
- Acute general infections like typhoid, pneumonia, malaria, dengue fever, measles etc.
- Any growth in the nasal cavity, like polyps, benign or malignant tumors.
- Analysis of blood coagulation parameters.
- Measurement of the blood pressure and x-rays of the skull and the sinuses may be necessary.
- Gently squeeze the soft part of your nose together.
- Breath through your mouth.
- Keep your nostrils squeezed for 10 minutes.
According to a recent analysis of existing studies in the UK, single, divorced and widowed people have higher chances to develop heart disease and stroke. That’s why the authors of the study believe that being married can be another factor that cuts the risk of...
All of us at least once in life overate – you’re appearing at a birthday party with the intention not to eat too much but then something goes completely wrong. Give a look at what’s happening to your body when you overeat. Maybe this will help you to stop eating at...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
- Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more