- Picking the inside of your nose - especially if this is done often, if the fingernails are long, and if the inside of the nose is already irritated or tender.
- A knock or blow to the nose - could damage the delicate blood vessels of the mucous membrane.
- Fracture of the nasal bones.
- Deviated septum - when the wall separating the two nostrils is off center, or deviated.
- Climate - hot climates with low humidity or changes from bitter cold to warm, dry climates can cause drying and cracking inside the nose, which can lead to a nosebleed.
- High altitude - as altitude increases, the availability of oxygen decreases, making the air thinner and drier. The dryness could cause the nose to bleed.
- Nasal allergies.
- Excessive use of certain kinds of medications, such as anticoagulants (blood thinners) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen.
- Liver disease can interfere with blood clotting and result in frequent and/or severe nosebleeds.
- Excessive use of illegal drugs, such as cocaine.
- Hypertension - commonly seen in old age.
- Heart diseases.
- Acute sinusitis.
- Acute general infections like typhoid, pneumonia, malaria, dengue fever, measles etc.
- Any growth in the nasal cavity, like polyps, benign or malignant tumors.
- Analysis of blood coagulation parameters.
- Measurement of the blood pressure and x-rays of the skull and the sinuses may be necessary.
- Gently squeeze the soft part of your nose together.
- Breath through your mouth.
- Keep your nostrils squeezed for 10 minutes.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more