- Picking the inside of your nose - especially if this is done often, if the fingernails are long, and if the inside of the nose is already irritated or tender.
- A knock or blow to the nose - could damage the delicate blood vessels of the mucous membrane.
- Fracture of the nasal bones.
- Deviated septum - when the wall separating the two nostrils is off center, or deviated.
- Climate - hot climates with low humidity or changes from bitter cold to warm, dry climates can cause drying and cracking inside the nose, which can lead to a nosebleed.
- High altitude - as altitude increases, the availability of oxygen decreases, making the air thinner and drier. The dryness could cause the nose to bleed.
- Nasal allergies.
- Excessive use of certain kinds of medications, such as anticoagulants (blood thinners) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen.
- Liver disease can interfere with blood clotting and result in frequent and/or severe nosebleeds.
- Excessive use of illegal drugs, such as cocaine.
- Hypertension - commonly seen in old age.
- Heart diseases.
- Acute sinusitis.
- Acute general infections like typhoid, pneumonia, malaria, dengue fever, measles etc.
- Any growth in the nasal cavity, like polyps, benign or malignant tumors.
- Analysis of blood coagulation parameters.
- Measurement of the blood pressure and x-rays of the skull and the sinuses may be necessary.
- Gently squeeze the soft part of your nose together.
- Breath through your mouth.
- Keep your nostrils squeezed for 10 minutes.
Scientists from Heinrich-Heine-University and the IUF-Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine in Düsseldorf, Germany, suggest that consuming the amount of caffeine equivalent to four cups of coffee might be enough to protect the cells of the heart. In...
Last year a team of researchers from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, US, developed a simple blood test for diagnosing ASD (autism spectrum disorder). At the present moment, a follow-up study confirms the original finding. In this test, there is an algorithm that...
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more