- Erotomania is often a fixed delusion.
- The erotomanic intrudes on your privacy, does not respect your express wishes and personal boundaries and ignores your emotions, needs, and preferences. To him - or her - "love" means enmeshment and clinging coupled with an overpowering separation anxiety (fear of being abandoned). He or she may even force himself (or herself) upon you sexually.
- The intended target is usually of a much higher rank or social status.
- Those afflicted with erotomania all have ideas of reference, which are beliefs that certain elements or means of communication are meant directly and specifically for them alone.
- When the "relationship" looks hopeless, many erotomanics turn to violence in a spree of self-destruction and in many cases even suicide.
Recent research from the University of Arizona, USA, suggests that workers who work in open-plan offices are more active and less stressed compared to the workers who have their desks in cubicles or separate offices. The researchers of the study claim that they were...
A new study, executed by the researchers from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, suggests that eating less than a cup of strawberries on a daily basis may help reduce harmful inflammation in the colon and improve the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)....
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more