- Malignancy: Erythema annulare centrifugum can be considered an uncommon but genuine paraneoplastic sign. Bronchial, prostate, nasopharyngeal, ovarian, rectal and hepatic tumors, lymphoma and leukemia are examples.
- Hematologic conditions: Polycythemia vera, myelodysplastic syndrome, hypereosinophilic syndrome, cryoglobulinemia.
- Endocrinologic conditions: Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto thydroiditis, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis.
- Other: Hepatic disease, after biliary duct surgery.
- Food allergies.
- Drug reactions.
- Vesiculation may be rarely seen.
- Lymphadenopathy may be present in cases of EAC associated with Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma, tuberculosis, or autoimmune processes.
- The lesions tend to appear on the body and proximal parts of the extremities.The lesions are pink to red with central clear areas. Occasionally, residual hyperpigmentation of dull red, brown, or violet is present. A case of EAC associated with hyperbilirubinemia and jaundice secondary to choledocholithiasis has been reported.
- Lyme antibody titer is needed to exclude erythema migrans.
- An antinuclear antibody (ANA) test should be performed in the appropriate clinical setting. Systemic lupus erythematosus is in the differential diagnosis of EAC, and Sj
Recent research from the University of Arizona, USA, suggests that workers who work in open-plan offices are more active and less stressed compared to the workers who have their desks in cubicles or separate offices. The researchers of the study claim that they were...
A new study, executed by the researchers from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, suggests that eating less than a cup of strawberries on a daily basis may help reduce harmful inflammation in the colon and improve the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)....
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more