- Malignancy: Erythema annulare centrifugum can be considered an uncommon but genuine paraneoplastic sign. Bronchial, prostate, nasopharyngeal, ovarian, rectal and hepatic tumors, lymphoma and leukemia are examples.
- Hematologic conditions: Polycythemia vera, myelodysplastic syndrome, hypereosinophilic syndrome, cryoglobulinemia.
- Endocrinologic conditions: Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto thydroiditis, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis.
- Other: Hepatic disease, after biliary duct surgery.
- Food allergies.
- Drug reactions.
- Vesiculation may be rarely seen.
- Lymphadenopathy may be present in cases of EAC associated with Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma, tuberculosis, or autoimmune processes.
- The lesions tend to appear on the body and proximal parts of the extremities.The lesions are pink to red with central clear areas. Occasionally, residual hyperpigmentation of dull red, brown, or violet is present. A case of EAC associated with hyperbilirubinemia and jaundice secondary to choledocholithiasis has been reported.
- Lyme antibody titer is needed to exclude erythema migrans.
- An antinuclear antibody (ANA) test should be performed in the appropriate clinical setting. Systemic lupus erythematosus is in the differential diagnosis of EAC, and Sj
According to a recent analysis of existing studies in the UK, single, divorced and widowed people have higher chances to develop heart disease and stroke. That’s why the authors of the study believe that being married can be another factor that cuts the risk of...
All of us at least once in life overate – you’re appearing at a birthday party with the intention not to eat too much but then something goes completely wrong. Give a look at what’s happening to your body when you overeat. Maybe this will help you to stop eating at...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
- Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more