- Malignancy: Erythema annulare centrifugum can be considered an uncommon but genuine paraneoplastic sign. Bronchial, prostate, nasopharyngeal, ovarian, rectal and hepatic tumors, lymphoma and leukemia are examples.
- Hematologic conditions: Polycythemia vera, myelodysplastic syndrome, hypereosinophilic syndrome, cryoglobulinemia.
- Endocrinologic conditions: Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto thydroiditis, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis.
- Other: Hepatic disease, after biliary duct surgery.
- Food allergies.
- Drug reactions.
- Vesiculation may be rarely seen.
- Lymphadenopathy may be present in cases of EAC associated with Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma, tuberculosis, or autoimmune processes.
- The lesions tend to appear on the body and proximal parts of the extremities.The lesions are pink to red with central clear areas. Occasionally, residual hyperpigmentation of dull red, brown, or violet is present. A case of EAC associated with hyperbilirubinemia and jaundice secondary to choledocholithiasis has been reported.
- Lyme antibody titer is needed to exclude erythema migrans.
- An antinuclear antibody (ANA) test should be performed in the appropriate clinical setting. Systemic lupus erythematosus is in the differential diagnosis of EAC, and Sj
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more