- Reddish appearance which may change to purple in color.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Skin over the erythrocyanosis may form a blister.
- Skin breaks down and becomes an ulcer, causing a skin infection to develop.
- Avoid direct heat (that is do not expose the feet to a heater), but keep the feet warm by the use of woolen socks and footwear.
- Use soothing lotions (eg calamine lotion).
- If the skin is broken, use an antiseptic dressing to prevent the chilblains becoming infected.
- Those with diabetes or poor circulation should see a Podiatrist. The risk of further complications from the erythrocyanosis in those with a foot that is 'at risk' is too high to delay seeking professional help.
- Thermal or insulating insoles can help keep the foot warm to prevent chilblains.
- Lanolin or a similar lotion that is rubbed into the feet will help stimulate the circulation.
- There are a number of natural or homeopathic remedies that are recommended for the treatment of erythrocyanosis. Some of these do appear to help some people.
New research, executed by scientists from Iowa State University, finds that lifting weights for less than an hour once a week may lower the risk of heart attack or stroke by 40–70%. The researchers also add that performing weight exercises for more than an hour...
A large-scale scientific review, presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Berlin, suggests that three to four cups of coffee a day may decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25 percent. For the study, the researchers...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more