- Reddish appearance which may change to purple in color.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Skin over the erythrocyanosis may form a blister.
- Skin breaks down and becomes an ulcer, causing a skin infection to develop.
- Avoid direct heat (that is do not expose the feet to a heater), but keep the feet warm by the use of woolen socks and footwear.
- Use soothing lotions (eg calamine lotion).
- If the skin is broken, use an antiseptic dressing to prevent the chilblains becoming infected.
- Those with diabetes or poor circulation should see a Podiatrist. The risk of further complications from the erythrocyanosis in those with a foot that is 'at risk' is too high to delay seeking professional help.
- Thermal or insulating insoles can help keep the foot warm to prevent chilblains.
- Lanolin or a similar lotion that is rubbed into the feet will help stimulate the circulation.
- There are a number of natural or homeopathic remedies that are recommended for the treatment of erythrocyanosis. Some of these do appear to help some people.
A new study, conducted by the scientists from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, finds that light and moderate physical activity, for example walking and swimming, may help reduce the stroke severity. The study included approximately data from 1,000 individuals...
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more