- Reddish appearance which may change to purple in color.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Skin over the erythrocyanosis may form a blister.
- Skin breaks down and becomes an ulcer, causing a skin infection to develop.
- Avoid direct heat (that is do not expose the feet to a heater), but keep the feet warm by the use of woolen socks and footwear.
- Use soothing lotions (eg calamine lotion).
- If the skin is broken, use an antiseptic dressing to prevent the chilblains becoming infected.
- Those with diabetes or poor circulation should see a Podiatrist. The risk of further complications from the erythrocyanosis in those with a foot that is 'at risk' is too high to delay seeking professional help.
- Thermal or insulating insoles can help keep the foot warm to prevent chilblains.
- Lanolin or a similar lotion that is rubbed into the feet will help stimulate the circulation.
- There are a number of natural or homeopathic remedies that are recommended for the treatment of erythrocyanosis. Some of these do appear to help some people.
A new international study, executed by the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III in Madrid, Spain, and Tufts University, USA, finds a link between healthy sleep during night time and the risk of cardiovascular issues. For the study, the...
Researchers from the University of Louisville in Kentucky suggest that natural polyphenols found in pomegranate can fight symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Polyphenols are also present in berries such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. The...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more