- Reddish appearance which may change to purple in color.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Skin over the erythrocyanosis may form a blister.
- Skin breaks down and becomes an ulcer, causing a skin infection to develop.
- Avoid direct heat (that is do not expose the feet to a heater), but keep the feet warm by the use of woolen socks and footwear.
- Use soothing lotions (eg calamine lotion).
- If the skin is broken, use an antiseptic dressing to prevent the chilblains becoming infected.
- Those with diabetes or poor circulation should see a Podiatrist. The risk of further complications from the erythrocyanosis in those with a foot that is 'at risk' is too high to delay seeking professional help.
- Thermal or insulating insoles can help keep the foot warm to prevent chilblains.
- Lanolin or a similar lotion that is rubbed into the feet will help stimulate the circulation.
- There are a number of natural or homeopathic remedies that are recommended for the treatment of erythrocyanosis. Some of these do appear to help some people.
A new study from the University of Vermont in Burlington, US, examined how physical activities could help patients with mental disorders to feel better. To confirm their hypothesis, the research team installed gym equipment in the psychiatric inpatient facility which...
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more