- Bleeding from the gums.
- Bleeding (prolonged) from surgical procedures or tooth removal.
- Bloody stools.
- Easy bruising.
- Nosebleeds (epistaxis).
- Numbness of the hands or feet.
- Ulcers on the fingers or toes.
- The condition may even cause strokes in some people.
- Primary myelofibrosis.
- Myelodysplasia with del(5q).
- Refractory anaemia (with ring sideroblasts associated with marked thrombocytosis).
- Chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia.
- Atypical chronic myeloid leukaemia.
- Myelodysplastic syndrome/myeloproliferative neoplasm.
- Blood smear: A small amount of your blood is examined under a microscope to view the condition of your platelets, such as whether they're abnormally large or clumped together.
- Genetic testing: Special tests can determine whether you have chromosomal abnormalities that can cause a high platelet count and whether you have a JAK2 gene mutation.
- Other blood tests: Your doctor may check the level of iron in your blood or test for markers of inflammation.
- C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Fibrinogen level.
- Factor VIII procoagulant activity.
- Von Willebrand antigen level.
- Bone marrow biopsy: Your doctor takes a sample of solid bone marrow tissue through a needle for examination under a microscope. If you have ET, your bone marrow has a higher than normal number of the large cells that make platelets (megakaryocytes).
Scientists from St Georges University Hospital in Tooting, UK, find that using a pedometer (step counting device) can form a habit lasting for years and significantly reduce the risk of the heart attack or broken bones. The team of researchers conducted an experiment...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more