- Lack of physical activity.
- Psychological factors.
- Quickly review lifestyle history for high yield items: juice, fast food, milk, exercise, hobbies/activities, etc.
- If the patient has an elevated BMI, follow every 3-4 months while implementing one lifestyle change at every visit.
- If the BMI > 95, consider a lipid panel and fasting glucose.
- Increase heat production by exercise, hydrotherapy, and massage which will not increase the protein catabolism.
- The use of thyroid extract, attempting to maintain the basic metabolic rate at plus 10 percent.
A recent study, published in the journal Nature Medicine, shows that microbiota, aka gut bacteria, play a crucial role in protecting humans against food allergies. During the study, two groups of mice without their own bacteria received gut bacteria from either...
According to number of observational studies and clinical trials carried out over approximately forty years, higher intake of fiber and whole grains (25–29g or more daily) is associated with lower risk of developing non-communicable diseases. Non-communicable (or...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more