- Administer monensin at a dose of 200 mg/head per day, starting 1 day before movement to lush pasture, and continuing for at least 10 days.
- Administer lasalocid at 200 mg per head per day, starting 6 days before movement and continuing for at least 10 days after movement.
- Limit grazing in the lush pasture to a few hours per day, increasing gradually over a period of 10 days.
- Feed 2-3 lb of low quality hay per head per day for the first 10 days following the move to lush pasture. The quality of the hay is not important, but the cattle must consume it, and this is likely to be a problem.
- Graze (or clip) pasture periodically throughout the season so it does not become too lush.
- Graze the pasture initially with low risk animals (yearlings or sheep) to remove some lush growth.
- Limit access to lush forage by section grazing, allowing access to only a small portion of the pasture for the first 10 days.
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
A new study finds that brain volumes of people who regularly eat vegetables, fruit, and fish are on average 2ml greater than brain volumes of those who often drink sugary beverages. A brain volume reduction of 3.6ml equals to one year of aging. For the study, the...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more