- Administer monensin at a dose of 200 mg/head per day, starting 1 day before movement to lush pasture, and continuing for at least 10 days.
- Administer lasalocid at 200 mg per head per day, starting 6 days before movement and continuing for at least 10 days after movement.
- Limit grazing in the lush pasture to a few hours per day, increasing gradually over a period of 10 days.
- Feed 2-3 lb of low quality hay per head per day for the first 10 days following the move to lush pasture. The quality of the hay is not important, but the cattle must consume it, and this is likely to be a problem.
- Graze (or clip) pasture periodically throughout the season so it does not become too lush.
- Graze the pasture initially with low risk animals (yearlings or sheep) to remove some lush growth.
- Limit access to lush forage by section grazing, allowing access to only a small portion of the pasture for the first 10 days.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more