- Administer monensin at a dose of 200 mg/head per day, starting 1 day before movement to lush pasture, and continuing for at least 10 days.
- Administer lasalocid at 200 mg per head per day, starting 6 days before movement and continuing for at least 10 days after movement.
- Limit grazing in the lush pasture to a few hours per day, increasing gradually over a period of 10 days.
- Feed 2-3 lb of low quality hay per head per day for the first 10 days following the move to lush pasture. The quality of the hay is not important, but the cattle must consume it, and this is likely to be a problem.
- Graze (or clip) pasture periodically throughout the season so it does not become too lush.
- Graze the pasture initially with low risk animals (yearlings or sheep) to remove some lush growth.
- Limit access to lush forage by section grazing, allowing access to only a small portion of the pasture for the first 10 days.
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more