- Nager syndrome is assoiciated with facial findings very much like Franceschetti-Zwahlen-Klein syndrome patients, but also involves hypoplastic or absent thumbs and radioulnar synostosis. Some cases suggesting autosomal dominant inheritance have been described, but there evidence of genetic heterogeneity.
- Miller syndrome patient also have similar facial anomalies observed in Franceschetti-Zwahlen-Klein Syndrome, but present postaxial limb anomalies such as hypoplastic or absent fifth digits and absent toes. The inheritence is persumably autosmal recessive.
- Dolichofacial pattern.
- Hypoplasticsupraorbital rims.
- Hypoplastic zygomas.
- Down turned corners ofmouth.
- Process of hair thatextends toward thecheek-25%.
- Retrusivemandible andmaxilla.
- High mandibularplane angle.
- Deficient malarprojection.
- Dorsal nasal hump.
- Cleft palate - 35%.
- Cleft lip-palate - rare.
- Macrostomia - 15%.
- Abnormal molar morphology.
- Abnormal condylar andcoronoid process.
- Absent or hypoplasticparotid glands
- Eyes:Hypertelorism, down slanted palpebralfissures, Coloboma of lower eyelid, decrease or absence ofcilia on lower eyelid, hypoplastic lacrimal glands.
- Ears:Symmetric external earmalformations, middle ear abnormalities, hypoplastic or absent cavitiesand ossicles, most patients have moderate-to-severe conductive hearingloss.
- Airway may becompromised insignificantlyretrognathic patients, tracheotomy and sleep apnea.
- Intelligence is usually normal.
- Mild mental retardation is present in fewcases.
- Second, an early childhood program for speech and language stimulation may be recommended.
- Third, if a cleft palate is present, the craniofacial team will advise you on the optimum timing for surgical closure of the cleft.
- Fourth, reconstructive surgery is available to improve the appearance of the face. The craniofacial center will advise you on what to expect from such surgery and on optimum timing. Since not all children are affected to the same degree, both the necessity and the outcome of reconstructive surgery vary from child to child. Surgical procedures vary among surgical treatment centers and according to the severity of the conditions. Surgery to rebuild the cheek bones usually begins before the child reaches the age of five. It is believed that the best approach is to use the child's own bone and to avoid placing artificial material beneath the skin. At the time of this surgery, the outer corners of the eyes are usually raised to tighter the lower eyelids.
A new study from Brazil suggests that trendy intermittent fasting may be the reason for increasing insulin levels and the amount of abdominal fat. It also may lead to the damage of pancreatic cells. Intermittent fasting diet is a diet when a dieting person has “fast”...
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more