- Poor personal hygiene.
- Crowded living arrangements.
- Jobs or hobbies that expose them to greasy or oily substances, especially petroleum products.
- Allergies or immune system disorders.
- Family members with recurrent skin infections.
- There is redness and swelling around the furuncle.
- The area is usually painful and warm to touch.
- May weep, ooze, curst.
- Larger furuncles and carbuncles are best treated by letting the pus out. Sometimes this is done by a doctor who drains the pus using a needle and syringe. Sometimes a small cut in the skin is needed to let out the pus (incision and drainage). The wound is covered with a dressing until the skin heals. The skin usually heals quickly once the pus has been drained.
- A course of antibiotics is sometimes prescribed in addition to draining the pus to help clear the infection from the skin.
- Eat a healthy diet: Instead of reaching for sugary or fat-laden foods, choose whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and small amounts of lean protein.
A new Finnish study, published in the journal Frontiers in Microbiology, finds that endurance exercises may change the composition of gut microbiota. The researchers developed a 6-week program of bicycle training and enrolled 17 overweight women for this program. All...
In summer and spring it is easy to get up early and run a couple of laps, do a few push-ups and, with a sense of accomplishment, go to work. But in autumn, when there are dark clouds in sky, a cold wind is blowing and it is boring rain, you probably not feel like...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more