- Poor personal hygiene.
- Crowded living arrangements.
- Jobs or hobbies that expose them to greasy or oily substances, especially petroleum products.
- Allergies or immune system disorders.
- Family members with recurrent skin infections.
- There is redness and swelling around the furuncle.
- The area is usually painful and warm to touch.
- May weep, ooze, curst.
- Larger furuncles and carbuncles are best treated by letting the pus out. Sometimes this is done by a doctor who drains the pus using a needle and syringe. Sometimes a small cut in the skin is needed to let out the pus (incision and drainage). The wound is covered with a dressing until the skin heals. The skin usually heals quickly once the pus has been drained.
- A course of antibiotics is sometimes prescribed in addition to draining the pus to help clear the infection from the skin.
- Eat a healthy diet: Instead of reaching for sugary or fat-laden foods, choose whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and small amounts of lean protein.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more