- Poor personal hygiene.
- Crowded living arrangements.
- Jobs or hobbies that expose them to greasy or oily substances, especially petroleum products.
- Allergies or immune system disorders.
- Family members with recurrent skin infections.
- There is redness and swelling around the furuncle.
- The area is usually painful and warm to touch.
- May weep, ooze, curst.
- Larger furuncles and carbuncles are best treated by letting the pus out. Sometimes this is done by a doctor who drains the pus using a needle and syringe. Sometimes a small cut in the skin is needed to let out the pus (incision and drainage). The wound is covered with a dressing until the skin heals. The skin usually heals quickly once the pus has been drained.
- A course of antibiotics is sometimes prescribed in addition to draining the pus to help clear the infection from the skin.
- Eat a healthy diet: Instead of reaching for sugary or fat-laden foods, choose whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and small amounts of lean protein.
High-intensity interval training, or HIIT, is a form of interval training, a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods until one is too exhausted to continue. This technique doesn’t...
A new study finds that in the process of digestion of such green vegetables as kale, cabbage, and broccoli a protein, known as aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR), is activated that reduces gut inflammation and prevents the colon form of cancer. For the study, a team of...
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more