- The muscular middle layer of the artery may be congenitally weak and thus prone to a dissecting aneurysm.
- High blood pressure (hypertension) intensifies the force of blood on the walls of the arteries and contributes to the development of dissecting aneurysms.
- Syphilis may cause a saccular or fusiform aneurysm near the heart.
- The arterial wall may be weakened as a result of trauma or complication of other diseases, possibly leading to saccular or fusiform aneurysms.
- Chest X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans or ultrasound imaging is used to confirm the presence of an aneurysm. During a CT scan, you will lie on a table while an X-ray tube revolves around your body to direct X-rays through your chest at different angles and give the doctor a better picture of your blood vessels. Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to examine your organs. One of our doctors places a small device called a transducer against your skin near the heart. As the doctor moves the transducer over a given area, it sends high-frequency sound waves to the heart. Once the information is recorded, it is electronically converted by a computer into detailed two-dimensional images and displayed on a monitor.
- Angiography, which is an x-ray of the arteries, examines the heart's blood vessels and working capacity of the valves that control blood flow.
- Ultrasound examinations are performed periodically to follow the expansion of an aneurysm over time.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more