- The common Mediterranean mutation (C563T).
- Two common Chinese mutations.
- Appearing very pale.
- Sudden rise in body temperature.
- Rapid heart beats.
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain in the back or abdomen.
- Urine appears very dark, red, red-brown, brownish or tea colored.
- Yellow coloring of the eyes and skin (jaundice).
- Spleen may be enlarged.
- Liver Function Tests: done to rule out other causes of liver damage and jaundice.
- Coombs test: to check for presence of direct antiglobulin. The results should ideally be negative as RBC breakdown is not an autoimmune condition.
- Haptoglobin: reduced in RBC breakdown (hemolysis).
- Beutler fluorescent spot test: The conversion of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) to its reduced form in RBCs is the basis of diagnostic testing for the deficiency.
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more